Nfsc Cookies

Baking By ailika Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 7:41pm by ailika

ailika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ailika Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 6

I made a batch of the NFSC cookies refrigerated over night. I did everything I was supposed to do but after I baked them I noticed that most of them had like an air pocket or bump in them. What did I do wrong or what can I do to avoid this from happening again since I have to decorate them & give them out as gifts?

5 replies
cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:24am
post #2 of 6

I believe that happens if you get too much air in the dough.

If you see the bubble, take a pin and pop it. Then carefully smooth the dough or cookie. You can cover most of it up.

patiese1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patiese1 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:32am
post #3 of 6

I agree it little air pockets. I found that when I make them if I slap the dough around before you chill iticon_biggrin.gif Really it seems to help with the air bubbles so just pop them with a pin when they come out of the oven and they will be fine!

ailika Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 4:27am
post #4 of 6

Thank you so much I'll be poking cookies all night lol

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 6

I don't beat my dough in the mixer for so long. I incorporate about 2/3 of the flour with the mixer and then add the rest by hand. I also find that if you roll with a lighter touch, that helps the bubbles. If I do end up with some bubbles, I use a paper towel to smooth over the cookies as soon as I take them out of the oven.

HTH

ailika Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 7:41pm
post #6 of 6

I did use the mixer and forgot about it. I remembered when my daughter asked why was the mixer still mixing lol. Thanks all

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%