What Is A Fair Price To Pay For Kitchen Rental?

Business By Marronglace Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 9:48pm by sugarjones

Marronglace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marronglace Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #1 of 3

I'm looking to rent kitchen time. Just for my own knowledge, what is a fair hourly or monthly rate to charge? I know that kitchen incubators charge about $25/hour. For a cake decorator paying that price, it would not be possible to make any money.

Can someone advise what a fair price is? I am looking to use the kitchen about 3-4 times per month.

Thanks.

2 replies
Dizzymaiden Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dizzymaiden Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 3

I am interested in this too...do they have another name for this?

bump

sugarjones Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarjones Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:48pm
post #3 of 3

I pay $20/hour which includes EVERYTHING. Even storage and the use of my very own commercial side by side. I rent from a private Italian club. Did you try looking into any private clubs in your area? There are usually lots of clubs that have more than one kitchen or only use their kitchens on Friday nights for fish fry. It's totally worth checking in to. And, I'm sure, much cheaper than renting a catering kitchen where you can only be there for a set amount of time on a set amount of days per week and require a $2000 deposit. I inquired about a catering kitchen and they sent me an email that said "Good News! We have space available for you on Thursdays from 5pm-9pm." That's not good news to me! haha! What am I supposed to do if I have to make cupcakes for Monday? Anyway, the smaller, private places are usually very accomodating and I would start negotiating at $13/hour and see where it goes. (I didn't do that and I'm kicking myself) Good luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%