Party Cake

Decorating By alliebear Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 2:39am by alliebear

alliebear Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:20pm
post #1 of 10

Hi everyone i need some ideas!
i have been asked to do a cake for a birthday celebration and the only thing they could come up with is that the people who they are celebrating like to party. any thoughts or ideas on how to do this one. the cake is for 45 people.
Thanks

9 replies
DianeLM Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 10

Exactly what kind of partying do they like? I mean, I know some people whose definition of "likes to party" could land them in jail. icon_wink.gif

Do they like to host parties? Go to parties? Do they like to go out to nightclubs?

It would help to know more about these people before we assume streamers, paper hats and noise makers are appropriate. icon_smile.gif

alliebear Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:50pm
post #3 of 10

well seeing as its a 50th party my understanding is something along the lines of hosting dinner parties, wine drinking, champagne etc. i wanted to steer away from the Champagne/wine bottle cake.

alliebear Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 10

i am trying to pry out more info but so far this is all i have to go on. they are male nd female so something unisex.

alliebear Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 8:44pm
post #5 of 10

yes so i got back response and only info they could provide me with was that they liked to enjoy themselves. they like to celebrate. if anyone has any good ideas please share i am running low on this one.

DeeDelightful Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 10

How about some toasting glasses as a cake topper? Add some sparkle, maybe something with a "New Years'" feel to it, but not exactly New Years??????

cownsj Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDelightful

How about some toasting glasses as a cake topper? Add some sparkle, maybe something with a "New Years'" feel to it, but not exactly New Years??????

If you liked this idea, then you might want to take a look at my "Spilled Champagne" Wedding cake, see if you like that idea for it.

DeeDelightful Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDelightful

If you liked this idea, then you might want to take a look at my "Spilled Champagne" Wedding cake, see if you like that idea for it.

I love that. That's exactly what i had in mind (minus the spilled champagne), but that's the topper i was thinking of and the sparkle. That's elegant and not the gaudy party theme that could happen.

cownsj Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:31pm
post #9 of 10

Glad you like it. If you want to have Champagne in the glasses like I have, I suspended the dragees in corn syrup and let it harden over a couple days. I used just barely enough syrup to get all the dragees wet and some covered.

btw, these particular glasses are a bit smaller than a typical sized glass, and I got them in the dollar store. You can see how nicely they sparkle.

alliebear Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 2:39am
post #10 of 10

thanks for all the good ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%