X-Mas Birthday!

Decorating By nicrysmom Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 7:03am by ahuvas

nicrysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicrysmom Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 10

Any cake ideas for a birthday boy whose birthday is 12-25????

9 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:11pm
post #2 of 10

I would do a birthday cake with a theme that he likes, unless he's too young to have a favorite character or toy, rather than a Christmas theme. Most people I've known who were born on a holiday really wished for cakes that were about their day instead of the holiday.

jammjenks Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jammjenks Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:22pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

I would do a birthday cake with a theme that he likes, unless he's too young to have a favorite character or toy, rather than a Christmas theme. Most people I've known who were born on a holiday really wished for cakes that were about their day instead of the holiday.

I completely agree.

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 10

My hubby is a christmas baby and every year I make him a cake with a tool set on it (he's a handyman) in chocolate or something that he can get a kick out of -- and I make it a 6 x 3 cake which is too small to share but too big to eat in one sitting (for him anyway) so it's the perfect size. icon_biggrin.gif

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 6:38pm
post #5 of 10

I agree, Its my mom's birthday on the 23rd and she used to tell me as a kid her birthday and Christmas were always combined and she wished it wasn't. so now we try to make a production of it. like her own birthday cake and stuff she likes on it.

cdenisehenry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdenisehenry Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:27pm
post #6 of 10

My birthday is also on Dec. 25th. My family always has my gifts wrapped seperately (b-day paper) and a cake with something that I enjoy. It has worked well for us. I wish you on the best in making the perfect cake.

KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 5 Dec 2009 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 10

Agree- my husband's birthday is the 25th, go with a birthday theme cake. Nothing worse than getting one present wrapped in half Christmas and half birthday paper... icon_smile.gif As a little one, he had a 1/2 birthday party on June 25th.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 4:56pm
post #8 of 10

My dad's bday was Christmas day and he said he never ever got a birthday present...everything was always a christmas present...nothing EVER said Happy Birthday on it...so when we kids got older we always made sure that he got presents specifically for his birthday!!! One year we even got up in the middle of the night and took down all the christmas decorations and put up birthday decorations...the look was priceless.

Don't combine christmas/bday...just make it a bday cake as someone upstream said..something he likes or is interested in and make sure it says Happy Birthday!!! Birthdays are our own "special" day (although I share mine with Sadaam Hussein icon_eek.gif )

Wish I had thought of the 1/2 birthday in June, what a great idea!!

vtcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vtcake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 6:32am
post #9 of 10

I would agree with everyone if MY birthday was on Dec. 25-I'd want a birthday celebration, not just holiday.

However, for the two cakes I was asked to make this year for separate birthday folks (for Dec. 25), they both asked for Christmas tree cakes.But bear in mind that the folks asking are NOT the birthday folks, so maybe the recipients would prefer something else.

ahuvas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ahuvas Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 7:03am
post #10 of 10

I would do something he likes but if he's older (18+) and they want a christmas theme you could always do a santa passed out on his back with unwrapped gifts and empty alcohol bottles around him with this tag something along the lines of John Smith: Giving the gift of Xmas, twice (well not quite that but u know what I mean)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%