Anyone Ever Rolled Cookies Out To About 1/2"?

Baking By Phyllis52 Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 7:22pm by Phyllis52

Phyllis52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Phyllis52 Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:35pm
post #1 of 8

I'm wondering if anyone rolled their cookies to about 3/8" or 1/2". I'd like a higher raised cookie.

Has anyone done this and what about the baking? I'm thinking 325 for about 15 minutes?

Hopefully someone has done this before.

Thanks so much. icon_smile.gif

7 replies
cindy58 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 12:53pm
post #2 of 8

This lady makes her cookies 3/8", and she has lots of pics for you to check out as well:

http://cookiecrazie.blogspot.com/

She'll answer questions you leave in the comments -- I asked about baking time once earlier and I believe she said around 18 minutes per tray. But of course that also depends on the size of cookie you are making, your oven, etc., and you often just have to keep a close watch on them.

momg9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momg9 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:49pm
post #3 of 8

I roll mine out at 1/2 inch and bake at just under 350 for about 15 min. I know they are done when I can see the bottom edge start to brown.

cindycraig Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindycraig Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:26pm
post #4 of 8

I baked a batch yesterday rolled to 3/8" and they were perfect. I noticed that they looked much better if my dough was ice cold when I cut them. I baked mine at 350 for about 13 minutes and was thrilled with them- like you I had seen beautiful pics of the nice thick ones and wanted to give it a shot. I'll never bake a skinny cookie again!! icon_biggrin.gif

Phyllis52 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 8

Great, that's just the info I was looking for. I wasn't sure if the temp. should be 325 or 350. I'm going to bake tonight.

Thanks so much! thumbs_up.gif

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:00pm
post #6 of 8

I roll out thick at about 3/8" too. I just bake longer at 350, approx 16-18 min, but they are well-chilled in the freezer.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:06pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by cindy58

This lady makes her cookies 3/8", and she has lots of pics for you to check out as well:

http://cookiecrazie.blogspot.com/

She'll answer questions you leave in the comments -- I asked about baking time once earlier and I believe she said around 18 minutes per tray. But of course that also depends on the size of cookie you are making, your oven, etc., and you often just have to keep a close watch on them.

Hey that's a CC member...psneed5! I would recognize those turkey cookies anywhere! http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1520682

Phyllis52 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:22pm
post #8 of 8

OMG!
Those cookies are just fabulous.....what patience she must have. I do see they are thicker than the usual 1/4, I'll look on her blog at home.

Thank you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%