It's Official...they Have A Gadget For Everything

Lounge By emrldsky Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 3:26am by emrldsky

emrldsky Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:05pm
post #1 of 10

I've been trying to talk DH into getting a small netbook to keep downstairs to store recipes, etc. so I didn't have to keep dragging out my laptop to bake (I'm a techno-geek).

Anyway, I was looking at Bakerella's site and saw she posted a review of a gadget specifically for recipes!

It's call The Demy. It's a touchscreen device that store recipes and such. It's really just a gadget but for the price, out of my range.

I'm anxious to see if they come out with a new model in a year or two and what it'll be capable of.

9 replies
cylstrial Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 10

That sounds pretty cool - but out of my price range right now too. Oh well. One day right? Hehe.

emrldsky Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:02pm
post #3 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cylstrial

That sounds pretty cool - but out of my price range right now too. Oh well. One day right? Hehe.

I have a feeling that in a year, it'll be updated and offered at a lower price. I'm thinking since it doesn't have wireless capabilities, it should run around $150-200, instead of the $300 price tag. If you could take it to the store with you, and have it update your grocery list while you shop, then I'd pay $300 for it. icon_wink.gif

TexasSugar Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 10

That does sound like a nice thing. I am always finding new recipes and printing them out, but then now I have stacks of paper sitting around and can never find a recipe when I want it.

CakeForte Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 10

you could get a netbook for around that ($300) price....so that's prob the better deal. Won't be name brand though, but that doesnt really mean much for electronics.

emrldsky Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 11:08am
post #6 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeForte

you could get a netbook for around that ($300) price....so that's prob the better deal. Won't be name brand though, but that doesnt really mean much for electronics.

Well, that's what I meant by netbook. Those are the smaller notebooks that are purposed specifically for Web browsing and such.

I, by no means, am willing to chuck down that kind of cash for The Demy. I just thought it was cool. icon_biggrin.gif

TexasSugar Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 10

Hmmm, okay now I'm thinking about seeing if my mom will let me "borrow" her baby laptop that she got for traveling (rolls eyes) for recipes. Think she'll go for it?? HeHeHe

chelleb1974 Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 7:09pm
post #8 of 10

I got an HP netbook back in May and I love it. It's actually my only laptop. They start at $300, then you can of course add on options. I think I paid just under $500 for everything (netbook and shipping). I bought it directly from HP. I didn't have Office, Norton or any other additional software put onto it (I download free-ware versions of those products). Oh, and I got the 6cell battery to extend the battery life (I believe 3cell is standard). I bought mine directly from HP's website. HP is where I look for stuff first (I've always had HP and have become somewhat of an HP snob, lol). I've used other brands at work and such and just don't like them, lol.

Anywho, there's by $2 worth icon_biggrin.gif

~Chelle

G_Cakes Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 1:00am
post #9 of 10

Wow cool idea, but yup to pricey, but I think I have solved that problem for me.

I have a digital picture frame that has a remote control with it.

It has video and sound capabilities too. DH grabbed it for me last year, full color 7" screen.

It also takes a memory card!

Well I have loaded up my memory card full of recipes and done it using powerpoint.

So when ever I want to pull up a recipe I just use my remote and presto there it is.

Can you tell I a techno geek? LOL

Anywhoo no touch screen but works just as good and way cheaper!

Just thought I would share icon_wink.gif

emrldsky Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 3:26am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Cakes

Wow cool idea, but yup to pricey, but I think I have solved that problem for me.

I have a digital picture frame that has a remote control with it.

It has video and sound capabilities too. DH grabbed it for me last year, full color 7" screen.

It also takes a memory card!

Well I have loaded up my memory card full of recipes and done it using powerpoint.

So when ever I want to pull up a recipe I just use my remote and presto there it is.

Can you tell I a techno geek? LOL

Anywhoo no touch screen but works just as good and way cheaper!

Just thought I would share icon_wink.gif

I never thought about it that way. That could certainly work just as well. icon_smile.gif Great idea!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%