Do Mailing Lists Expire?

Business By CakeForte Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 9:46pm by CakeForte

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:04am
post #1 of 4

I have some old leads from bridal shows I did a couple of years ago. Since I've started taking on more party cake orders, I was thinking of doing a birthday & party cake campaign for 2010.

I just saw in my archives that I still have the info, so wondering if I should use it.

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 1:16pm
post #2 of 4

People do move, but you'll get a few hits. If you're snail mailing, just be prepared for a lot of "can't deliver" notices.

deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:20pm
post #3 of 4

Or you could put on above the address "Current Resdient or" that way it will be delivered no matter who lives there, or put on "Return Service Requested" under your return address and if it comes back you will know to take it off your list. Just remember if you use the second one, you may be required to pay postage on the return. Where I work we do a lot of database mailings, and these are what the postoffice requires for a mailing list. However, I don't think that applies to us at home doing a mailing. Just a suggestion.
Jeanne

CakeForte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeForte Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:46pm
post #4 of 4

Cool thanks.

Yes I was just planning on doing the generic current resident postcard coupon offer to see what happens. Just a one time mailing though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%