Finally Nailed The Perfect Choc Chip Cookie Recipe!

Baking By cakesdivine Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 2:12pm by cjford

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:41am
post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1394

Try browning the butter.

Mike

Anything with browned butter is a-ok in my book thumbs_up.gif Never thought of doing it with cookies, how would this work? In my experience anytime my butter is even a little too soft or warmed my cookies are a bust icon_sad.gif

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 1:46pm
post #33 of 37

After trying out hundereds of CCC recipe, i'm still looking for ones that are not only chewy (got that down pat), but ones who stay thick. Love them nice and thick and chewy/soft in the centers.

cakesdivine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesdivine Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm
post #34 of 37

Well I know that when I chilled my cookie recipe completely and spooned balls onto the pan, they didn't spread out much and were thick, and yes they stayed chewy. If I let them warm up a bit they spread out more. So try your own dough super cold and only bake for 12 minutes at 350, see what happens.

cjford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjford Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 3:10pm
post #35 of 37

Although, I didn't ask the question, I was waiting on a reply too. I love chewy thick cookies. I will try this soon. Thanks.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 10:18pm
post #36 of 37

I did try this with my CCC recipe but it spread just the same. I wonder if using a scoop makes a diff (so they are mounded)?

cjford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cjford Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 2:12pm
post #37 of 37

I made some cookies for Thanksgiving and froze a some dough per Deb's suggestion and baked a few last night. They were better than before and a lot thicker. So I think the suggestion of them being very chilled is a very good one if you're looking for thicker cookies.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%