How Long Does It Take Toba's Glace To Dry?

Baking By confectionsofahousewife Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 7:37am by andpotts

confectionsofahousewife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionsofahousewife Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:28am
post #1 of 4

I have had some cookie problems over the last couple days and did not get my cookies baked until just a few minutes ago. Therefore they will not get iced tonite. I have used a variation of toba's glace twice and one time it dried in completely in about 6hrs. and one time it took 24+ hours. This time I am following her recipe exactly. I am scared to death that when I ice these cookies tomorrow (Monday) they will not be dry enough for packaging and delivery on Tuesday. Can anyone speak to how long it takes the galce to dry and whether there is any way to speed it up? Thanks so much for all the input.

3 replies
chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:36am
post #2 of 4

I like to let each layer dry at least 18 hours, and then a full 24 before packaging and stacking. You might be better off using RI, if you're in a crunch. Antonia's RI is great and MUCH easier to work with... not as tasty as Toba's, but not bad icon_smile.gif

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:40am
post #3 of 4

That's the way i'd go too. RI will dry much faster, especially if you need to add details as well. Good luck!

andpotts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
andpotts Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:37am
post #4 of 4

I let my glace cookies dry about 24 hours before packaging, just to be on the safe side.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%