Ideas For Christmas Gift Treats!

Lounge By Steelgoddess Updated 3 Dec 2010 , 5:12am by JanH

Steelgoddess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Steelgoddess Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 15

OK so i was thinking of giving some edible gifts this year as I thought they would be more appreciated by my friends...

Just unsure what to do!! Anyone have any ideas??

14 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KristyCakes Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 1:47pm
post #3 of 15

Dark chocolate brownies topped with a thin layer of peppermint flavored buttercream topped with a ganach layer. Always a hit!

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 15

Well, there are sooo many options for baked good. Decorated sugar cookies are always received very warmly by anyone i give them too. Also last year i made santa cocoa cones and gave them with a christmas mug. I made marshmallow snowman too, arranged in cookie bouquet form..hth..Here is some pics.
LL
LL

Uniqueask Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Uniqueask Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:14pm
post #5 of 15

This is a great thread Thank You.

luv2c_cultures Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2c_cultures Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 3:29pm
post #6 of 15

Sweetcravings, could you tell me how you did the Santas and the snowmen? Those seem like great ideas and I would love to give them a try this year!

Great thread!

mlharvell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlharvell Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 5:03pm
post #7 of 15

I'd also like to know how to make the marshmallow snowmen. Can anyone help?

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 6:02pm
post #8 of 15

The snowmen are on BBQ skewers and dipped in white chocolate or almond bark.
There's a thread somewhere...
grrrrrrrrrr - my search-fu is failing me today, sorry.

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:18pm
post #9 of 15

Yup.^^^ is correct.
The snowman are three marshmallow placed on a candy stick. Dip them in melted white chocolate thinned with shortening. Dry standing up in a peice of foam. While those are drying, melt some dark chocolate and dip just one marshmallow in it, trying not to shake off too much of the chocolate. Place on parchment paper and allow that choco. to pool. I kinda swirl the marshmallow in a circular motion to help with the shape of the rim. Once everything is dry i just melt the different color chocolate for the nose, scarf, arms etc.. Attach the hat with a dab of melted chocolate..viola snowman

The cocoa cones are easy too..just buy a clear disposable piping bag, some hot chocolate mix, red candies for the hat, cotton balls for the fluff, mini marshmallows and a few googly eyes. First put some red candies in the bag, then some cotton fluff for the fur on the hat. Then place some hot cocoa mix into a little baggie or smaller treat bag, fastened with tape. Put that in piping bag. I generally put enough for two or three servings of hot cocoa. Followed by your mini marshmallows. Top with a cotton ball, and hot glue on the eyes. Tie with ribbon and tag with the instructions on how to mix the hot cocoa. Very easy and not too expensive.

There is a thread in the candy forums on both of these topics you just have to look a little deeper in. I don't have the links on hand. HTH

edited to add..other ideas...how 'bout a yule log on a nice plate. Wrapped in a big clear celo bag, tied with ribbon. My MIL did that every year and people always went nuts over them. It's a nice dessert too. There are recipes all over the net..yule log, buche de noel (sp?) icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 8:26pm
post #10 of 15

Thanks for those links Jan! You rock!! icon_lol.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 22 Nov 2010 , 6:43pm
post #11 of 15

Got it, this is the other uncorrupted cocoa cone thread. Thanks!! icon_biggrin.gif

pajnpis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pajnpis Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 10:42pm
post #12 of 15

For the christmas gift basket, do you usually give it out early? For me I plan to give it to my 5 1/2 year old daughter's teacher the last day of school before winter break which would be on the 23rd of december. Is that too late out? I don't know how many teacher she have beside the main one and a reading teacher. Yesterday I asked her if she have a teacher's aide and she quickly replied back " My teacher doesn't have aids!" My husband and I start laughing right after she said it. I just wanna make sure I give out to all her teachers.

meenu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meenu Posted 2 Dec 2010 , 11:45pm
post #13 of 15

Thanks for sharing!

PianoDiva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PianoDiva Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 12:18am
post #14 of 15

I have so many friends/relatives who are watching their weight, glucose or sodium that making treats is going to be tough this year. I've made and canned quite a few quarts of applesauce (nothing added to it, just apples) and those have gone over really well. Any other ideas?

I do get to make a baby shower cake for the 12th, though, so I can still get my baking fix in. icon_smile.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 3 Dec 2010 , 5:12am
post #15 of 15

..moving to Lounge since the ideas are for items not found in any of the forums. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%