Please Help! My Cakes Are Too Moist

Decorating By Shelley0323 Updated 29 Nov 2009 , 7:52pm by Kiddiekakes

Shelley0323 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 6:58pm
post #1 of 4

You need not worry about a "dry" cake from my kitchen. They taste yummy, however...my cake is always too moist and I am unable to make my fondant look pretty because it "sinks" or "caves in". How do I make a sturdy cake to cover, but still have it taste yummy? All suggestions are much appreciated. icon_wink.gif

3 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 4

Part of the problem is you may be covering your cakes when the cakes are at room temperature.I would refridgerate overnight as the cold helps to make them dense and sturdy.Cover the next day and I think you will find them more solid.When I am doing tiered cake I always crumbcoat and stack the cakes and leave for a day or two in the fridge.This allows for any settling,buldging etc..If they have buldged from the weight I re- scrape the sides down.Once they are good to go that is when I do my final coat of icing and decorate..I have never had a problem.

Shelley0323 Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:46pm
post #3 of 4

ooohhh! I see- makes perfect sense. I've been doing everything the same night. Thanks a ton for the advice.

Kiddiekakes Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:52pm
post #4 of 4

Yup..the cakes are way too soft to do the same day and the cake hasn't had time to basically breath unless you are using a very dense cake like sponge or pound cake..I think you will find this better...Glad I could help!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%