Fondant Dried Out

Decorating By aundrea Updated 30 Nov 2009 , 3:23am by aundrea

aundrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundrea Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:30pm
post #1 of 4

i JUST finished my daughters bday cake. and ugh!! first ugh!!! i painted the whole cake in luster dust (she wanted bling-or whatever) and my satin ice is now drying out! UGH!! it was FINE before i put the luster dust on!
and i must have (during the night-god im so tired!!) banged it or something because the top tier looks like the tower of pisa (?SPELLING)-
and i had been doing so good on this cake. literally the top is leaning so far over i think it might fall!
why me! im gonna have to leave it-my grandaughter will be up soon and i cant work on it when shes awake.
im soooooooooooooo tired! i thought i could catch a few hours sleep.

3 replies
emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 4

I'm so sorry!!! Ugh, that's terrible! Is there some way to make another side of the cake its front so that's what people focus on? Or, if it's aout bling, can you make some gumpaste "bling" around that side to disguise it? It's probably too late by now, since your little one was waking up ... good luck!! Let us know how it turned out!

aundrea Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 4

im too scared to try and fix it. with my luck-i will loose it.
ill just have to deal. i have leaning cakes!!!
plus i have to bring to the resturant im more worried aobut it completely falling over.
thanks for your thoughts!

aundrea Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 3:23am
post #4 of 4

it tasted good! i guess thats all that really matters. i just wasn't happy with the leaning. and the fondant was drying out. so at the resturant-i was saying 'hurry up and eat it before its too dry' haha.
the picture is posted in my pics. its with red ribbon. ..... good camera angle! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%