Gumpaste Flower Cake Toppers

Decorating By suesong34 Updated 7 Dec 2009 , 8:15pm by msmeg

suesong34 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 11:04pm
post #1 of 12

Hi all...I'm new to this site and have a Q for ya. My daughter is getting married in Jan and she wants to buy a gumpaste flower cake top for her cake. Do you know of a company that sells this? I have not found one other than flower sprays. Thanks!!!!!

11 replies
HamSquad Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 11:16pm
post #2 of 12

Holing and Pfiel or cake, great website. I buy mine from them for individual flowers and sprays.

cylstrial Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 11:46pm
post #3 of 12

There are so many places that sell gumpaste flowers. Like Hammy said, you can just buy whatever you want and mix them together.

cylstrial Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 11:47pm
post #4 of 12

But there are also a lot of tutorials on flowers - you could practice and learn how to make them. And then you could start making them now and they would hold up wonderfully until the wedding in January.

miny Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 12:00am
post #5 of 12

I don't know if this would work but if I were you I will contact Toedna and ask her if she could make you one, she does amazing flowers and who knows she may do it and you could end up having a crazy good looking custom made cake topper for your DD's cake, just my 2 cents....

Texas_Rose Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:12am
post #6 of 12

Looking at that bouquet in your photos, it doesn't look like she needs to order one from somewhere, your flowers look better than what she could order icon_biggrin.gif

All you need is to get a styrofoam half ball and stick flowers in can add some loops of ribbon or pieces of tulle so that the ball is totally covered.

cylstrial Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 12:21pm
post #7 of 12

Welcome to cake central! I didn't notice that you were brand new to the forum's when I posted before.

But seriously, TexasSugar is right - you don't need to be ordering flowers! Your flower bouquet was amazing!!

JenniferMI Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:00pm
post #8 of 12

Welcome! You know...they can be made FAR in advance.

Jen icon_smile.gif

miny Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 6:07pm
post #9 of 12

Oh wow! I didn't notice either, first of all let me welcome you to CC and second, honey you don't need to buy anything from anyone, your flowers are beautiful! You can start working on that bouquet now, I'm sure it'll be beautiful!

Uniqueask Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 6:27pm
post #10 of 12

Welcome to CC.

I agree with Texas_Rose, Cylstrial, and Miny, you don't need to be buying any flowers, you can make them yourself, look at that georgeous, bouquet in your pic's.

Also if you look at my signature there are lots of flower tutorials in there.

suesong34 Posted 6 Dec 2009 , 11:11am
post #11 of 12

Thanks to all of you for your kind words about my flowers. I truely would love to develop my skill but I am having a very hard time with arthritis and because of a heart condition I can not take any meds for it. If anyone has any suggestions in that area I'd really appreciate it as I can not work as I'd like...thus the need to buy flowers. The ones in my pix took me forever !

Thanks for the warm welcome and blessing to you and yours the Christmas season!

msmeg Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 8:15pm
post #12 of 12

try eating some FRESH or frozen pinapple not canned. it realy helps with inflamation It helped my knees it might help your hands

Quote by @%username% on %date%