How To Take Out The Center Dowel Rod? Also Buttercream ??

Decorating By erilay Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 4:32am by snowboarder

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:05pm
post #31 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgeowens

I don't doubt for a minute you would not know what comment was rude lol

Oh hell. icon_mad.gif Here's rude for you. So enlighten us your holy madgesty, where in this thread did things get rude, other than the rude comment directed at me? Dang, I keep forgetting we're supposed to be passing out Kleenex and kitties with our responses. One of these days I guess I'll remember.

There. How's that for rude??? tapedshut.gif

__Jamie__ Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 5:09pm
post #32 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by erilay

I love to learn new things before I have to learn it for myself the hard way.

Absolutely!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 7:08pm
post #33 of 43

designate a pair of pliers/vice grips...grab it with those, rotate the stake and pull straight up...once you're able to turn it, it should come out and up without having to wrestle with it.

erilay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erilay Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 8:50pm
post #34 of 43

I think I am just going to bring them seperate and use no dowel. That is probebly the bess. No center dowel.

Thanks for all of your help.

Normally I would just pul it out the top, but I have the image on it and want to leave that cake as long as possible.

Thanks everyone for your support

RebelChick Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RebelChick Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:23pm
post #35 of 43

Ok, not to be really stoopid...but what's upstream? Another thread? or a previous post in the same thread?

__Jamie__ Posted 30 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #36 of 43

Yes, further up the posts. The previous posts made by other people. Not many people venture that far anymore. It's a shame. icon_sad.gif

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:39am
post #37 of 43

No maybe they are just sick of the drama . They don't have time for BS

Glad you found the help you needed erilay

flamingobaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flamingobaker Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 11:44am
post #38 of 43

I'm a little late to the party, but the question made me laugh as I remembered the first time I was going to use a center dowel. I wish I had a picture of my husband's face as he saw the hammer poised above the pretty cake and him exclaiming "you're going to do WHAT?" icon_lol.gif

sweetcravings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcravings Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:26pm
post #39 of 43

Indydebi..your advise is great. I don't know why i didn't think of taking the whole cake apart before serving it.lol I'm the one who always ends up with the HUGE honken bottom teir to freeze because we made too much cake. I'm much rather freeze the smaller ones. haha
I also really like your suggestion about serving the cake to see how what you do to it affects the serving process. I learned that awhile back when i served up my neices communion cake. It took me soooo long to remove all the straws i put in to hold it up.lol and then the cake had sooo many holes as a result.haha Since then i've bought stronger straws so i have to use less.
Your advise is very helpful. ;0)

__Jamie__ Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 2:30pm
post #40 of 43
Quote:

Mmmmhmmm. You do realize you cause a lot of that, right? I mean if you don't, here's a clue. You do. Cheers! party.gifdunce.gif

Mike1394 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mike1394 Posted 1 Dec 2009 , 4:37pm
post #41 of 43
Quote:

I had a long post written out, but decided against it. Every once in a while you see where people are saying wow what happened to CC it used to be so nice. Well, Madge you, and your kind keep stirring the pot to keep the drama somewhere alive. thumbsdown.gif Just sad you are.

Mike

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:11am
post #42 of 43

Thank you. I appreciate your kindness.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 4:32am
post #43 of 43
Quote:

I try to stand up for the ones you gang up on.......I tell you what....just refrain from tallking to me at all...........works for me...you people need to get a life seriously

Oh, Marge... --> "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%