To Those Who Use A Kopykake Projector On Cakes

Decorating By digital Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 12:19am by JenniferMI

digital Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
digital Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 9

How do you use a projector on cakes? I understand the part where you project the design and you basically sketch the outline. However, how do you fill it in? icon_redface.gif Do you use a star tip or do you use lines and smooth it out?

Any tips that you can share? thumbs_up.gif

Thanks in advance for any help.

8 replies
Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 9

I have a projector and LOVE it! I actually have done it both with star tips and with round tips. It depends on the effect you would like.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 9

once you have all your outlines on your cake then you can turn your projector off. you can then fill in the design anyhow you wish, generally i zigzag fill in and then smooth. but the best use is for writing.

digital Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
digital Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 9

Thank You! Appreciate the tips. icon_biggrin.gif

Madiken Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Madiken Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:05am
post #5 of 9

I never thought about using it for writing! What a great idea! Thanks sweetcakes!

ZlatkaT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ZlatkaT Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 9

Is that better or easier than doing FBCT?

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 9

id say better, i use it for nearly all my sheet cakes that have a drawing and especially the ones that have a lot of writing. the 'cons' of the projector is it pretty big and takes up some counter space, it can be taken apart for storage though

Edee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edee Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 9

ARe there any other projectors out there than the KopyKake ones? They are out of my budget right now.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:19am
post #9 of 9

I used to airbrush a lot of the time with mine, but now I perfer to do choc. transfers.... but my projector is invaluable for writing. I love to do different fonts and I can position it perfectly on the cake. Perfect writing EVERY time icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%