To Those Who Use A Kopykake Projector On Cakes

Decorating By digital Updated 10 Dec 2009 , 12:19am by JenniferMI

digital Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:19pm
post #1 of 9

How do you use a projector on cakes? I understand the part where you project the design and you basically sketch the outline. However, how do you fill it in? icon_redface.gif Do you use a star tip or do you use lines and smooth it out?

Any tips that you can share? thumbs_up.gif

Thanks in advance for any help.

8 replies
Madiken Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:31pm
post #2 of 9

I have a projector and LOVE it! I actually have done it both with star tips and with round tips. It depends on the effect you would like.

sweetcakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 10:44pm
post #3 of 9

once you have all your outlines on your cake then you can turn your projector off. you can then fill in the design anyhow you wish, generally i zigzag fill in and then smooth. but the best use is for writing.

digital Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 9

Thank You! Appreciate the tips. icon_biggrin.gif

Madiken Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 12:05am
post #5 of 9

I never thought about using it for writing! What a great idea! Thanks sweetcakes!

ZlatkaT Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 9

Is that better or easier than doing FBCT?

sweetcakes Posted 4 Dec 2009 , 3:05pm
post #7 of 9

id say better, i use it for nearly all my sheet cakes that have a drawing and especially the ones that have a lot of writing. the 'cons' of the projector is it pretty big and takes up some counter space, it can be taken apart for storage though

Edee Posted 9 Dec 2009 , 6:23pm
post #8 of 9

ARe there any other projectors out there than the KopyKake ones? They are out of my budget right now.

JenniferMI Posted 10 Dec 2009 , 12:19am
post #9 of 9

I used to airbrush a lot of the time with mine, but now I perfer to do choc. transfers.... but my projector is invaluable for writing. I love to do different fonts and I can position it perfectly on the cake. Perfect writing EVERY time icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%