First Impression Molds

Decorating By Newatdecorating Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 9:20pm by dsilvest

Newatdecorating Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 6:50pm
post #1 of 6

I recently purchased one and have several questions. Should I use fondant or a fondant/gumpaste mixture? Do you color it ahead of time, or do you paint it after you take it out of the mold? What do you use to color it? I have looked and looked, but haven't been able to find answers to these questions. I may not be looking in the right place though.

5 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 6:54pm
post #2 of 6

Most people use fondant mixed with gumpaste but I have used straight fondant as well.You can use any gel coloring to color the fondant by adding a litte at a time and kneading it in.If it gets sticky add powdered sugar and knead.Dust the molds with cornstarch or powdered sugarand lightly tap the excess out so they won't stick and release easily. HTH

dsilvest Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 7:21pm
post #3 of 6
Newatdecorating Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 6

Both of these are helpful!

I told you I wasn't looking in the right place. I had looked and looked on the First Impression website and did not see that. I swear, I think I need a Gibbs' slap (for those who watch NCIS)!

Thank you both!

diane706 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:01pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newatdecorating

Both of these are helpful!

I told you I wasn't looking in the right place. I had looked and looked on the First Impression website and did not see that. I swear, I think I need a Gibbs' slap (for those who watch NCIS)!

Thank you both!

icon_lol.gif You mean the one on the back of the head? (LOVE NCIS)!

dsilvest Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:20pm
post #6 of 6

I am watching NCIS right now!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%