A Replica 6" Top Anniversary Cake

Decorating By sweetcakes Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 1:52pm by costumeczar

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 5:10am
post #1 of 3

I know alot of decorators offer to redo the weddings 6" top tier for the 1st anniversary instead of having the bride save the one from the wedding. If you do this i would think that you would make the same cake and icing as the wed.ck, and you would probably decorate it the same, but hopefully im right here you would not redo the gumpaste flowers or bow or any top decoration that you would have supplied on the original. Plus if there was fabric or fondant ribbon around the base would you do this too? If you offer this do you wait for them to contact you or do you contact them a month out or so?

2 replies
JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:37pm
post #2 of 3

Personally, I would never do this. If I'm busy with more than one wedding, the last thing I want to do is fuss with anniv. layers.

Just my opinion.

Jen icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:52pm
post #3 of 3

If I do anniversary tiers (and they have to call me and order it, I don't just include one automatically) I will do basic piping on it, but if there are ribbons or gumpaste flowers I don't include those. If someone calls to order one I tell them that, to make sure they know. Most people don't care.

I did have one girl who seemed to want me to go buy fresh roses and put them on the cake icon_confused.gif , and I told her that she could do that if she wanted to, but this cake was for eating, not for looking, so it was up to her.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%