Wilton Yearbooks

Decorating By Sabre3of4 Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 1:45pm by JenniferMI

Sabre3of4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabre3of4 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 8

If you collect these and the pattern books, how do you deal with them? Do you just shelve them and leave until you need one? Cut out what you think you'll use later and toss the rest?
I was thinking about getting a 3-ring binder and cutting out the new designs and relevant pages for recipes and such to put in the binder along with the pattern book when the current year is done. It just seems silly have the catalog portion hanging around and I think I might be able to get 2-3 years in a single binder this way.

Sabrina

7 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 11:03pm
post #2 of 8

You sound much more organized than me icon_biggrin.gif

I just put them on the shelf with my other cookbooks...the catalog part doesn't take up that much space.

ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 11:23pm
post #3 of 8

I seperate mine and put them in a 3 ring binder. I throw away the catalog part and then I put all of the decorating guide/tips and technique sections in one notebook and then all of the projects in another notebook. That just works better for me than having to drag out several magazines when looking for ideas or whatever, instead I can just pull out the one notebook.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 12:45am
post #4 of 8

I am a newbie, so this is what I do. I make a copy of the pages I want on my computer scanner and put it in a 3-ring binder. The binder is sectioned off as info, cake ideas, recipes, etc. I also put a photo of each cake I have completed in it (as sort of a diary to see how I am progressing). I had all the info I need right at my fingertips in one location that way.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 5:27am
post #5 of 8

i keep them as they are, since i have collected them all and it is fun to look back sometimes as the styles have changed so much over the years. So mine are just shelved until i want to look through them.

Wiltonlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wiltonlady Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 5:50am
post #6 of 8

Hey Cabecakes, I like your idea!

Sabre3of4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sabre3of4 Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 6:48am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

You sound much more organized than me icon_biggrin.gif

I just put them on the shelf with my other cookbooks...the catalog part doesn't take up that much space.

LOL, I have to be (lots of kids, small house and very little storage space....)
I'm needing to make some space on the bookshelves now that my oldest son(14) is getting interested in cooking/baking and adding to the cookbook collection.....

Sabrina

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:45pm
post #8 of 8

Sounds like you have a good game plan icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%