Can I Freeze Frosting

Decorating By kmcenery Updated 29 Nov 2009 , 1:46am by Iggy

kmcenery Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 9:20pm
post #1 of 8

I made some butter cream mixed with Italian meringue. Can I freeze it? I made it the day before yesterday for a cake and its the same thing I will use for dd's cake next weekend. There is a ton left over enough for atleast another cake if not more.

7 replies
Iggy Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 9:28pm
post #2 of 8

Yes, you can freeze it. No problem. Just make sure you take it out of the freezer and put in fridge overnight to thaw.

kmcenery Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 9:38pm
post #3 of 8

Thank you

Will it be fine in a ziplock freezer bag?

Iggy Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 8

Sure, as long as it's only going to be a week. Try to expel as much air as you can before closing the zipper. Can't wait to see your cake!

JenniferMI Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 3:30am
post #5 of 8

I don't do the IM, but I freeze my leftover BC all the time. No problems.

Jen icon_smile.gif

Iggy Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 5:48pm
post #6 of 8

I forgot to mention that when it thaws and you start to mix it, it will look like it's curdled. Don't worry just keep mixing on low speed. It will all come together. HTH

kmcenery Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 8:18pm
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy

I forgot to mention that when it thaws and you start to mix it, it will look like it's curdled. Don't worry just keep mixing on low speed. It will all come together. HTH

thank you. I will post pictures after her party. I'm making a castle cake. I will be frosting it Thursday or Friday because Saturday I'm gone all day and I have to frost and make her cake at the same time as cleaning for the party and taking care of my daughter at the same time.

Iggy Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:46am
post #8 of 8

You're welcome & good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%