Halloween/cinema/cycling Wedding Cake!?!....

Decorating By katev17

katev17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katev17 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 1:17pm
post #1 of 1

Hi guys!

So I have my 2nd Fall 2010 wedding cake booked, and I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a cohesive design. The concept is just a little convoluted... but I am determined to make it work! The wedding will be taking place on Halloween, in an old cinema in town, and the cake has to somehow incorporate the fact that the groom is a bike messenger. They don't want anything cheesy or camp; they would like for it to be classy, gothic & damask inspired, and the colour scheme is red and black. (and 2 or 3 circular tiers). Here is what I have come up with so far:

Bottom tier: A 10" cake first covered in black fondant, with a rich red fondant draped over as curtains, which are tied back with a golden-yellow rope to reveal the black 'movie screen'
Middle tier: An 8" black cake with a subtle, dark grey RI stencil of a damask or chandelier pattern
Top tier: A 6" rich red cake with a film strip (made of fondant) wrapped around as though it is a ribbon... On the frames of the film strip, I would put a skeleton riding a bicycle (again, subtly!) in different stages. As a topper for the cake, I would have a bunch of black roses.

Ok so I know it's probably difficult to picture, but if you shut your eyes, stand on one foot, tilt your head, and really push your imagination, maybe it will make more sense! =)

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Glad this bride was kind enough to contact us so far in advance! Whew.

Thanks so much,
Kate

0 replies

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%