Help! Christmas Cake Competition!

Decorating By eilidh Updated 3 Dec 2009 , 6:20pm by cakefannewbie

eilidh Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 11:00am
post #1 of 6

My dd's school are doing a christmas cake competition. I want to do a cake that is novelty as i can't really pipe or do gumpaste flowers etc. I can make figures and work wholly in fondant. I liked the snoopy on his house christmas cake on here as I feel it would fulfil my desire to be fun for kids but appeal to parents to but in UK few kids know who snoopy is now a days. Any ideas for a cool cake would really help me here!!!!

5 replies
Caths_Cakes Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 11:47am
post #2 of 6

thats a tough one, i know what you mean with kids not knowing who snoopy is these days .

perhaps have a look through the the xmas gallery , might get some inspiration there.

you could do something simple like a gift box or a big stocking with the top full of toys, im sure most kids could relate to that icon_smile.gif

eilidh Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 6

Thanks Cath I had a look through the gallery before and also the older Holiday cakes competition stuff but still not getting it. I love those Christmas tree cakes and I love the Santa that won the competition, it has a sack so maybe I'll do him...only worry is what will people think about eating santa?!!!! Might put people off!

Caths_Cakes Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 3:11pm
post #4 of 6

hmmm, suppose you can always tell them although its safe to eat, its really just decoration

brincess_b Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:57pm
post #5 of 6

i love penguins! could do a proper 3d one, standing or lying, or the white snow scene with penguin figures.
or a stocking, or a big present cake!

cakefannewbie Posted 3 Dec 2009 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 6

I think a snowflake cake would be beautiful. One of my favorite christmas specials is the one with the adbomial ( I know I didn't spell that right) snowman and the island of mis fit toys. That one is classic and still shown on tv. I read that you are from across the pond. I am not sure if you know what I am talking about. You could do a small tier cake with huge snowflakes covered in edible glitter the possibilities are endless.

Quote by @%username% on %date%