Bake Sale Pricing

Decorating By Sweettooth1120 Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 3:50pm by Sweettooth1120

Sweettooth1120 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:07am
post #1 of 5

I am doing a bake sale on saturday morning for the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. These are some of the items I will have

Small cookies - 3-4 per baggie
regular cookies - 2 per baggie
large cookies
small loaves of bread (pumpkin, herb cheese, banana)
regular loaves of breads (pumpikn, herb cheese)
RKT on sticks dipped in chocolate
Large Marshmallows on sticks dipped in pink candy coating
choc lollipos
awarness ribbon choc lollipops
Cookie pops
Hot choc for 2 (in deco bags with hot choc, marshmallows, and either peppermint, choch chips or butterscotch chips)
Fudge- 4 pieces per bag
Muffins - blueberry & choc choc chip. (donated by friend, from sams club)

so my quesiton is, how would you price these?

4 replies
Lita829 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:21am
post #2 of 5

Maybe you could price the cookies at $2/bag. I'd charge about $3-5 for the specialty breads depending on how big the loaves are. If they are mini loaves...I'd charge $3, for the small I'd charge $4 and for regular size I'd charge $5. For the candies..perhaps $1.50-$2.50/item.

I'd try to keep the prices very reasonable so that there is a greater probability that the goods will sail out off the table thumbs_up.gif

Good Luck! It is a wonderful thing you are doing. I hope that your bake sale is a huge success icon_smile.gif

moxey2000 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:21am
post #3 of 5

I have always struggled with this and the amount we make on bake sales has never added up to as much as I thought it was all worth. Sooooo, a friend of mine said stop pricing things and just take donations icon_confused.gif ! I thought she was crazy icon_eek.gif , but she said that's how she's always done it and she takes in $500-$600 in just a few hours! OK, so we try it and guess what? Between 9am and 2pm we made $600 thumbs_up.gif !! I couldn't believe it icon_surprised.gif ! People would come by and ask us how much for something and then when we said it is all by donation, whatever you'd like to give, they stuck their dollar bills back into their pockets and whipped out the $20s!! I was completely amazed and my friend was totally right! A lot of people would just donate and not even take anything! Most people are basically honest and genorous and given the chance they will show you thumbs_up.gif .

Good luck!

Lita829 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:36am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by moxey2000

I have always struggled with this and the amount we make on bake sales has never added up to as much as I thought it was all worth. Sooooo, a friend of mine said stop pricing things and just take donations icon_confused.gif ! I thought she was crazy icon_eek.gif , but she said that's how she's always done it and she takes in $500-$600 in just a few hours! OK, so we try it and guess what? Between 9am and 2pm we made $600 thumbs_up.gif !! I couldn't believe it icon_surprised.gif ! People would come by and ask us how much for something and then when we said it is all by donation, whatever you'd like to give, they stuck their dollar bills back into their pockets and whipped out the $20s!! I was completely amazed and my friend was totally right! A lot of people would just donate and not even take anything! Most people are basically honest and genorous and given the chance they will show you thumbs_up.gif .

Good luck!

WOW...now THAT'S a good idea!!

BTW....I like your signature line, moxey thumbs_up.gif

Sweettooth1120 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 3:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the suggestions. I will discuss that with the person running it with me. Just in case she doesnt go for that, any other suggestions?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%