Very White Buttercream Icing

Baking By Faffy Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 12:12am by Faffy

Faffy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Faffy Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 9:21pm
post #1 of 7

Hi everyone, I am new to cake decorating and was wondering if anyone had a recipe for bright white buttercream? Any help will be great.

6 replies
DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 9:34pm
post #2 of 7

When I need a bright white, I just use my regular SMBC, but with organic butter. We have a health food store nearby and they sell white butter made with no dyes. Who knew butter was dyed yellow?? Anyway, it turns out a beautiful, bright white every time. You can always add some icing whitener, but I find that a little doesn't do very much and a lot throws off the texture of your icing. BTW, the organic butter also works with American buttercream recipes. Also, make sure you're using clear vanilla.

Faffy Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 9:49pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you, could you post the recipe for th SMBC?

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 7

Here's the link for the recipe I use.

http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/swiss-meringue-buttercream-for-white-cupcakes

Good luck with your cake!!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 9:59pm
post #5 of 7

sharon zambito.. as c/cer has a great buttercream recipe....using hi-ratio shortening and holds up great in humid weather.... if this is the kind of buttercream you are talking about.. it taste great too.. her site is sharonssugarshack.com.. her dvd's are great.. her buttercream iced cakes look like fondant covered cakes. i have never seen any one that can ice a cake as beautiful as she does. check out her site.. and her buttercream is white...hth

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:01am
post #6 of 7

To brighten icing whiter just add the tiniest bit of blue food color. ...... a very old way to do it icon_smile.gif

Faffy Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 12:12am
post #7 of 7

Thank you so much for all the help I love CC icon_smile.gif and all you wonderful talented people!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%