Minor Oops! Thought I'd Share It With You.

Decorating By cabecakes Updated 2 Dec 2009 , 1:26pm by JenniferMI

cabecakes Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:26am
post #1 of 8

I have been wanting to try a cake with all my favorites (cream cheese, white chocolate, and raspberries), so last night I decided that I was just gonna rig something up to see how it all tasted. I should have researched it a little better, because YEP you guessed it. I had some problems. I thought well since it was just for family I would make it easy on myself and just cook a half sheet, cut it in half and put my raspberry filling between the two halves. I would just sprinkle some white chocolate chips in the batter, and cover the whole thing with cream cheese buttercream icing. Sounds easy enough, right. Wrong. Let me tell you girls and guys, don't put white chocolate chips in white cake mix. When it bakes, they all sink to the bottom. My cake stuck in the pan, so I couldn't get it out of the pan. this means no layering. Ok, so now what do I do. I took my raspberry filling, mixed it with some whipped topping, mixed up my cream cheese buttercream and folded it into the raspberry whipped cream mixture and spread it over the entire sheet cake. Cut a slice of it and dug it out of the pan, served it up to family. They said it was the best cake they ever ate. How 'bout them apples, OOPS, I mean cakes. LOL. I thought you might like a laugh for the day.

7 replies
indydebi Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 6:18am
post #2 of 8

In the words of Thomas Edison: I have not failed. I have just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

If you don't try new things, you never grow. (and look at the bright side: those of us who read your thread wont' have to go thru all of that! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif )

Glad everyone liked it and thanks for sharing your experiment results!

I have a cookie recipe that includes raspberry and white chocolate. It's a lot of extra work but it is SO good!

chefjess819 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 6:29am
post #3 of 8

i tried that with a chocolate cake one time. added chocolate chips to it. they sunk. and like you said, i had to dig it out of the pan. i have a cake that i am too ashamed of to post on here. was supposed to be a smores cake but my marshmallow fondant melted into a puddle of goo when i tried to "roast" it under the broiler. was tasty tho! and the cake stayed moist for days! never know unless you try.

rainbow_kisses Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 12:07pm
post #4 of 8

Well what started out as a good idea ended as a great (tasting) cake.

I often put white chocolate chips in my cakes as one of my top sellers is raspberry and white choc chip cake icon_smile.gif I toss the choc and raspberries in a little bit of flour and add them right at the end of mixing and just give them a quick stir in with a wooden spoon. The batter does have to be quite thick to hold them.
Hope yo try angain and have better luck.
I can smell it baking from here icon_lol.gif

mivea Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 12:51pm
post #5 of 8

That sounds really good!!!!! Mmmmmm....

I've had problems with white chocolate as well - it has something to do with fats/solids content of the chocolate....

just_for_fun Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 1:05pm
post #6 of 8

I read in a few places to do what scrummyyummy does, to toss choco chips in flour before stirring into batter. It works!

cabecakes Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 8

You know, now that you mention it, I have read that somewhere (about flouring the chips and adding last minute). Darn. Oh well, another OOPS! icon_redface.gif But for next time. thumbs_up.gif

JenniferMI Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:26pm
post #8 of 8

Ok....I won't do that icon_smile.gif

Glad it tasted good icon_smile.gif

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%