I Did It!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By keflyn Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 4:43pm by FlourPots

keflyn Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:21am
post #1 of 13

icon_biggrin.gif
This is the cake I made! I have never done this before! the photo is crap!
I just copy-pasted the description in my gallery!
well, the good photos are not on my camera but i chose to upload this anyway until I am able to get the good picture this will have to suffice. Again, I thank you all for your wonderful help and support. When I got to the location the heater was on and the buttercream was melting so as I stacked the cake my family was opening windows and trying to find the ac. In the end it looked really nice and my grandparents were touched. This picture does not do it justice but it is the only one I could find. Why the picture was taken midway through cutting I will never know. I have never done a cake this big (typically I will bake a 1/2 sheet and frost the top and not take it out of the pan so....yeah....) and it was a learning process Thank you all again!
LL

12 replies
keflyn Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:23am
post #2 of 13

egads I swear it looked a lot better than that
I know it did because I have seen the other pictures....well this is embarassing icon_redface.gif you couldn't see the cake through the icing I promise it was smoother too...this was after the windows were shut and people were in and the icing melted again

Doug Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:26am
post #3 of 13

what good is smooth if the cake collapses?

you got it up and looking solid.

glass like finish comes next.

you're on your way! congrats! thumbs_up.gif

sugarandslice Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:56am
post #4 of 13

Well done, stacking a cake well is no small accomplishment and we have to give ourselves pats on the back every time we succeed at something we've set out to learn. And that feeling of "Yay, I did it" is a great one - enjoy the cake-buzz!

cylstrial Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 10:21pm
post #5 of 13

Your first big cake! Yeah!!! Congrats!

Lita829 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 10:52pm
post #6 of 13

Congrats icon_smile.gif

kakeladi Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 11:44pm
post #7 of 13

Aaahhh what a labor of love! And your Grandparents were pleased. That is payment enough icon_smile.gif
You *will* more and more with each cake you make. It does not come overnight. Just keep plugging away icon_smile.gif

It's o.k. to have this pic of it. A year from now.......10 yrs from now you will look back and laugh at how it looks. It will remind you of your beginnings.

LaBellaFlor Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 12:08am
post #8 of 13

First time doing a 3-tiered cake and it didn't sink. Be proud! thumbs_up.gif

__Martha__ Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 12:17pm
post #9 of 13

No easy feat to stack a cake like that. I am sure they were pleased. I love the gold and white decorations. 50th wedding anniversary?

HowCoolGomo1 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:11pm
post #10 of 13

It's gorgeous.

Stacking a cake is hard work You did a great job!

JenniferMI Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 2:26pm
post #11 of 13

Keep plugging away and practicing...practice makes perfect. You are off to the races girl!

Jen icon_smile.gif

JGMB Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 3:23pm
post #12 of 13

Woo hoo! Way to go!! I'm so happy for you!!! party.gif

FlourPots Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 4:43pm
post #13 of 13

My first cake tilted an leaned to one side the entire evening, and it was only two tiers! Had it been three, it would have toppled over, I'm sure of it.

You did good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%