Did I Ruin My Cake?

Decorating By aubers Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 4:55am by makeminepink

aubers Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:10am
post #1 of 6

I made a cake and covered it in rolled buttercream fondant, and for some reason I thought it should be refrigerated. Now I'm reading online I shouldn't have put it in the fridge. It's been in there for about 2 hours. Should I take it out now? Or before serving it tomorrow? Did I ruin it??? Is the cake going to be mushy... ugh hours of work I hope they weren't wasted... HELP

5 replies
makeminepink Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:26am
post #2 of 6

I haven't refrigerated one, but from what I've read, you'll probably have some condensation-- especially if you leave it in there until tomorrow. If it were me, I'd take it out now. Don't touch it, the condensation will evaporate off of it. Good luck!

aubers Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:35am
post #3 of 6

I also posted on another site and they recommended putting it on the counter with a fan blowing on it, any input on this? I did take it out, just wondering if the fan thing is a good idea or not :/

makeminepink Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:40am
post #4 of 6

Someone on here has said that. I think you can do either.

aubers Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:43am
post #5 of 6

Thank you for your advice, I really hope it's okay in the morning! I wish I would have known I wasn't suposed to put it in the fridge lol I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to fondant, just learning icon_smile.gif

makeminepink Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:55am
post #6 of 6

I bet it will be fine. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%