Which Is The Lesser Of Two Evils???

Decorating By sugarandslice Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 4:48am by sugarandslice

sugarandslice Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 1:48am
post #1 of 8

When dealing with fondant covered cakes which is better (or just less bad)??
Hot and dry weather
Cooler and humid
Sometimes summer just makes me want to cry icon_cry.gif

7 replies
cownsj Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:06am
post #2 of 8

For me, I haven't had anything worse than humid..... humid anything and I get blowouts in my cakes, and the fondant tears quicker and easier on me too.

diane706 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:34am
post #3 of 8

You can't have your cake (or fondant in this case) and eat it too! icon_lol.gif Sorry, I couldn't resist! I would imagine that "hot and dry" would be the lesser of the two evils. Humidity and moisture are never good for fondant. JMHO.

sugarandslice Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:56am
post #4 of 8

Thank you both. That's what I thought.
I guess the kids will have to put up with being hot for the next couple of days!

diane706 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:58am
post #5 of 8

BTW, I love your "Garden Party" cake! Very cute. thumbs_up.gif

sugarandslice Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:04am
post #6 of 8

Thanks Diane, it's probably my favourite of all the cakes I've done. It was for my daughter's 2nd birthday and a great chance to try out loads of things I'd been wanting to do for ages!

Texas_Rose Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:04am
post #7 of 8

Hot and humid together is the worst...your frosting will literally drop off the side of the cake when you're walking from the front door to the car, sometimes. Fondant is a little better than buttercream in the heat, but when it's 100 degrees F and 95% humidity it's not a good day for any frosting.

I'm so glad it's not summer here anymore...our hot weather just ended a few weeks ago though.

sugarandslice Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:48am
post #8 of 8

Thanks Texasrose, but my dilemma is that it's hot and dry here at the moment or I can put the a/c on which makes it cooler but humid.
I think everyone is agreeing that humidity is the worst so maybe I'll leave the a/c off.
Glad your hot weather has passed; ours is just starting! icon_cry.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%