Ideas For Restaurant Reopening

Decorating By m_tierney02 Updated 29 Nov 2009 , 7:33am by CakeyThings

m_tierney02 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m_tierney02 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:58pm
post #1 of 5

So my parents are re-opening their restaurant next tuesday (dec. 1st), and I was asked to make the cake for the event. This cake would be for the symbolism, so its only really feeding about 15 people. Regardless, it is a California grill named Calistoga Grill. Calistoga is a wine region in California, so the best idea I could come up with for the cake is a wine bottle. I could do that but I tend to prefer to do more fun and cute cakes. Does anyone have any ideas that they think would be suitable, they are trying to make it a wine restaurant, but they also have awesome bands in every week, so music is a big part.

Please, if anyone has any ideas, feel free to throw them this way, I don't really feel like making a wine bottle.

thanks a lot!

4 replies
cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:14pm
post #2 of 5

How about a replica of one of their dining tables. You could make mini plates, napkins, wine glasses etc and add to the table. This works if they have a unique or specific table cloth or color sheme. You'd make a square cake (at least 2-3 layers high) and then use fondant for the table cloth and details.

Alternatively how about a relica of their 'sign' - assuming they have a sign outise the place icon_smile.gif This can be done in buttercream or fondant

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 9:52pm
post #3 of 5

menu announcing grand reopening specials

special include food and music choices.

miny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
miny Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 1:29am
post #4 of 5

How about a grill with the logo of the restaurant on the side and a little GP bottle of wine on top

CakeyThings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeyThings Posted 29 Nov 2009 , 7:33am
post #5 of 5

how about grapes doing all kinds of stuff that happnes in the restaurant...... playing instruments....eating on mini tables....even a grape chef or something......maybe a big wine bottle thats spilt over with a puddle and all the grapes around it?
hahha sorry....i watched a LOT of california raisins as a kid

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%