White Chocolate Qustion

Decorating By Trance Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 3:54am by cabecakes

Trance Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trance Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 5

Hello-
I'm trying to melt some white chocolate to cover oreos to put on top of a cake and the white chocolate is just too thick. Any tips on how to thin it out enough for dipping.

Thanks in advance,
Trance

4 replies
DragonFly2333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DragonFly2333 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:58pm
post #2 of 5

I don't know how to thin in out, but I had this problem last year and learned that I was melting the white chocolate at a too high of a temp. It has to be melted lower than the regular chocolate. I pitched mine.

One of these CC's might be able to help you:
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopic-608060-825.html

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:17pm
post #3 of 5

i use the paramont crystals... others say they use little crisco.. let melt.. haven,t done that .. just the crystals...

Sweet_Guys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Guys Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:38am
post #4 of 5

If your chocolate is older, then you will need paramount crystals to help "melt" the product more so than just the heat. We learned, and found out that it works!, to melt for 30 seconds, stir, melt 30 seconds, stir, and melt in 20 second intervals and stir until at the desired melting stage.

Paul

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:54am
post #5 of 5

I melted mine at 50% power in the microwave and added a little veggie oil. Worked great. Do short bursts, I left mine in for about 15-20 seconds and stirred, 15-20 seconds and stirred...until melted completely. Every microwave is different so you might want to do it in 15 second bursts.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%