Thank You!

Baking By gourmetsharon Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 7:30pm by gourmetsharon

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:19pm
post #1 of 4

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't post often but lurk regularly. I really appreciate seeing everyone's successes and not-so-successful ventures, the recipes, advice, etc etc.

I am honing my skills due to all the sage advice I see here. I took some cupcakes (Pumpkin WASC w/ buttercream spiked w/ cinnamon & a pinch of ground ginger & Red Velvet w/ Cream Cheese icing) to a big school function and they were a huge success! Another lady who thinks of herself as "professional" was truly inspired as mine went much more quickly than her (rather meanly! sorry) pretty pathetic, very small looking and not very amply iced cupcakes.

Thank you all for your postings!
And have a Happy Thanksgiving holiday!

3 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:43pm
post #2 of 4

don't ya just love it??? People always say.............how did you even THINK to do that??? I always shrug and smile and in my head say.........cake central that's how!!! lol If i ever gave this website to anyone I'd be toast lol Because I've shared all my own tips and secrets on here too!

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 4

KHalstead - you are right on......I get to hear the same thing.."Oh my what a fantastic cake - where did you get the idea - you always have such great ideas!" I just smile and say magazines, books and take a little from here and there. And all the while I am thinking CC - CC - but I am not telling anyone!!!

Sorry if I sound mean and selfish but I don't need to give my inspiration away -as I am already giving my cake away as I am a hobby baker! I too came on here as a "Newbie" and have learned everything from this site and the only people I share with are fellow CC'ers!!!

gourmetsharon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gourmetsharon Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:30pm
post #4 of 4

Ya know what I did that was so different??
I used a 1M tip to pipe the icing on the cupcakes. And that I learned here!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%