Ivory Fondant

Decorating By sister340 Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 7:43pm by MikeRowesHunny

sister340 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sister340 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:42pm
post #1 of 4

I have an order for a wedding cake with Ivory fondant. What coloring would you add for the best look?

It has modeling chocolate scrolls on it. Would you do it piece by piece or do the entire scroll and try to attach it all at once?

She wants it on a large silver base. The ones that are about 3 inches high, very ornate. I'm wondering how Ivory will look on silver? Seems like gold may look better, but I don't have a gold base. Could use a foil covered board.

Any suggestions or input?

Thanks!

Jackie

3 replies
jobueno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jobueno Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 4

I normally use americolor gold in small quantities until I get the disired color. You could also try the Americolor Ivory but that normally does not give me ivory it gives me a brown hue. try with mall pieces and see what you like best.
As far as the scrolls go you can do them piece by piece. It makes it easier to handle without the breakage.

uberathlete Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uberathlete Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 4

Hmm .. if memory serves me right, Satin Ice has ivory colored fondant.

Here's an ivory fondant cake from Pinck Cake Box:

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:43pm
post #4 of 4

I use ivory fondant alot for wedding cakes and always buy it pre-coloured, saves time & effort! There are several cakes in my gallery using ivory fondant. The one with the roses between the tiers uses silver based buckles & diamante trims ans it goes perfectly well with ivory (in fact the bride of that cake had an ivory dress with silver embroidery - it was stunning).

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%