New To Cake Central

Decorating By LilReese Updated 28 Nov 2009 , 3:28am by JenniferMI

LilReese Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 12

Hello everyone!! I am so happy to see that there is one place where we can all discuss everything there is about cakes!!

My name is Theresa and I just wanted to introduce myself as I will be on here QUITE OFTEN now that I have found this website! It's so helpful for me as I am new to this "business".

I have always LOVED baking but only realized my "talent" last February when my best friend asked me to be one of her bridesmaids and make her desserts for her Engagement party. Her cake was my first tiered, fondant cake and I was rather proud. After that, it just took off. I started making Louis Vuitton bags, lobsters, shoes, etc. I have attached some photos... I LOVE MAKING CUSTOM 3D CAKES!! It's so much fun!!

I would love to start a career with this but have a lot to learn.
I want to thank everyone in advance for all the help and support I KNOW I WILL GET from this website.

And HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!!!
LL

11 replies
LilReese Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 12

Some more pictures!!
LL

LilReese Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:58pm
post #3 of 12

I will post some more pictures to my profile!!

sherrycanary62 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:20pm
post #4 of 12

Hi

Welcome to CC..its a totally addicting place icon_biggrin.gif. Ain't cakes fun? birthday.gif
Your cakes are so cute!!!! thumbs_up.gif

ncox Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 12

Awesome cakes! And welcome to CC. You will LOVE it here! Going to look at more of you pix now!

anotherslice Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 12

Hi, welcome! This place is addicting! icon_biggrin.gif

nannie Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 12

welcome Theresa

Love Yoda and your sneaker cake. You have real talent.

Enjoy CC it is a wonderful place

LilReese Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:58pm
post #8 of 12

Thank you everyone!! I apologize for starting to post my pictures here... I am obviously new and didin't realize I can upload to my profile! My pics are up!! But please keep in mind that I am VERY NEW to this and have NO CAKE TRAINING WHATSOEVER... Thinking about taking a couple Wilton classes just to get some strageties and tips under my belt!

sherrycanary62 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:30pm
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilReese

Thinking about taking a couple Wilton classes just to get some strageties and tips under my belt!

Well don't waste your money on the Fondant class (and in no way is that meant to be a critique of Wilton Fondant classes as I have not taken them)....you do great already and I have found that fondant only gets easier the more you do it icon_smile.gif

LilReese Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:36pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrycanary62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilReese

Thinking about taking a couple Wilton classes just to get some strageties and tips under my belt!

Well don't waste your money on the Fondant class (and in no way is that meant to be a critique of Wilton Fondant classes as I have not taken them)....you do great already and I have found that fondant only gets easier the more you do it icon_smile.gif

Really??? THANKS!! But I think that the class is 4 parts... and that all 4 parts are only like $20 all together.... plus supplies... but I already have almost everything!!

cabecakes Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 1:35am
post #11 of 12

Your cakes are lovely. Welcome to CC. I am positive that you will find this site to be a pleasant and addicting hangout. There is so much stuff you can learn on here, and all you have to do is ask. Someone is always ready and willing to help you out with an answer the best they can. Everyone is so friendly too.

JenniferMI Posted 28 Nov 2009 , 3:28am
post #12 of 12

Welcome Theresa!!

Jen icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%