Need Your Help With Mr. Potato Head Construction!

Decorating By chanielisalevy Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 4:30pm by 1456

chanielisalevy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chanielisalevy Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 3

I have to make a Mr. Potato Head Cake. So far I have 2 6" cakes, torted and filled with 3 layers each (total of 6 layers) with board in center of cake. It's chillingnow getting ready for me to carve him up. What's the best way to set this up? Need tips for sculpting the right shape or any and all tips you can give me. I don't know why this cake is making me so nervous! Probably because the shape is everything and I'm afraid to mess up. Help please! Idea or suggestions?

2 replies
Meg147 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meg147 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 3

I'm no pro, and assuming the cakes you've made are round, I would prob start carving at the top, sliding the knife down - sort of rounding him off to the middle where you have your board & do that al the way around. Then, do the same with the bottom. Because he's a potato, and potatoes aren't perfect, you will get away with a couple of minor imperfections (should you have any! which i hope you dont and good luck. dont be nervous and just cut small & take your time. dont forget the pics icon_smile.gif

1456 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1456 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 3

hi for my mr potato head that i did i used two diffrernt shaped bowls to bake the cake in then i craved it into shape i required , Sorry I know this dosen't really help now but best of luck . I had lot of trouble getting mine to stay sitting up so i added potato parts in the back to help stabilize him . best of luck with your mr potato head

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%