Chocolate Question

Sugar Work By pinksugarmama Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 5:07pm by pinksugarmama

pinksugarmama Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:14pm
post #1 of 5

ok I know its a cake forum but I have a chocolate question. I am going to make some marbled almond bark. What kind of chocolate do I buy? Covuture, or just regular bulk chocolate. Also can I use the same chocolate to cover sponge toffee.

4 replies
JenniferMI Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:46pm
post #2 of 5

Most chocolates will cover most things.... if you want to mess with tempering, then get covuture, otherwise, candy melts should do the trick just fine.


Jen icon_smile.gif

pinksugarmama Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:04pm
post #3 of 5

ok Thanks, one more thing. Is tempering hard I know what I am supposed to do I just have never done it and do I use a candy thermometor.

Cakepro Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:13am
post #4 of 5

Here you go - this ought to help you tremendously.

Happy tempering! icon_biggrin.gif

pinksugarmama Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%