Strange Cake Question

Decorating By JoJo4 Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 11:42pm by sherrycanary62

JoJo4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoJo4 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all,

Okay so I've been searching online for ideas but I haven't found anything so I figured I would come to the experts. My friend is having a birthday on Saturday and we are all getting together at a local pub to celebrate. A friend of mine said she went to a party and the birthday cake was made up of jello shots. I thought this was a neat idea so was trying to find pictures of cakes that were made up of some type of liquor shot. Jello shots probably seem the easiest since they are solid as opposed to other shots that are all liquid. I've seen all kind of cakes made from diapers and paper and boxes so I thought maybe someone has done a cake like this. I didn't find anything in the gallery but I might have not put in the correct keywords. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Joanne

2 replies
uberathlete Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
uberathlete Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 3

How about a chess board cake. The chess pieces can be small shot glasses of differing size filled with boozed jello.

Or you can make a variation of crema de fruta, a typical cake in the Philippines composed of a layer of sponge, then a layer of custard or pastry cream, then a layer of gelatin with fruits.

Or a boozed up variation of a mirror cake.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 3

I couldn't find any jello shot cakes...but maybe something like this surrounded by actual jello shots

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1504095

or just a simple square white stacked cake with shot glasses filled with jello shots as decorations.

Good luck, sounds like it will be fun

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%