Really? They Think That's Appropriate? Vent... Grr....

Decorating By jenmat Updated 1 Dec 2009 , 8:33pm by Mabma80

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:18pm
post #61 of 178

This puts me in mind of a sign my sister has posted in her tanning salon..."Unattended children will be given complimentary espresso and a puppy." icon_lol.gif

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:24pm
post #62 of 178

Somebody pulease pm the bonus for me...I feel like I'm looking into a 'magic eye' and I don't see the stupid dolphin! icon_redface.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:30pm
post #63 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeMommyTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRowesHunny

(a coffee shop is a whole different thing in this country and there would not be a lot of business chat going on if we met in one of those lol !),

"coffee shop" as in the kind they have in Amsterdam?
That might not be a bad idea if you think about it, with all the people hanging around with the munchies ,you can show up with baskets full of cupcakes and cookies and make a killing...lol

The very same, although they are country wide (I live in The Hague). You know, you may have just given me a way to give my business a boost lol! thumbs_up.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:35pm
post #64 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

They are paying me for a cake and that's ALL they are paying me for. I am not prostituting myself to have to put up with ANYTHING they want to dish out just so I can book the next "john". icon_twisted.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubFan

Hilarious, Debi!! Yesterday we had cake b*tches, today we have cake wh*res! Now it's getting fun! haha

Interesting point Debi! icon_lol.gif

CakeMommyTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:42pm
post #65 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheeseball

Somebody pulease pm the bonus for me...I feel like I'm looking into a 'magic eye' and I don't see the stupid dolphin! icon_redface.gif

try saying it outloud with no pause between the words

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:43pm
post #66 of 178

There was a sign in PCB FL restaurant that I LOVED ......."Unruly children will be cooked and eaten" icon_biggrin.gif

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:47pm
post #67 of 178

The Father at our church used to stop his surman when children started to act up. He would very nicely call the child to the front and ask what was wrong. This made every parent think twice when it came to bringing there kids into the church instead of staying in the section for parents with young kids.

Ladiesofthehouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladiesofthehouse Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:47pm
post #68 of 178

Bonus: Thigh Sing Gone Thick Ache

The Icing on the Cake

(I hate being the one left out)

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #69 of 178

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...I got the go to Helen Waite..........but I didn't get the bonus either lol

CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #70 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladiesofthehouse

The Icing on the Cake

uh-oh time for a new one now....brb

CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:52pm
post #71 of 178

Now let the talking to yourself and having everyone look at you like you're a crazy person begin!

Ladiesofthehouse Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:54pm
post #72 of 178
Quote:

Quote:

The Icing on the Cake

uh-oh time for a new one now....brb

Sorry icon_redface.gif

How about this:

When do 4 Fives = 56?

(Edited--too much cake sampling this morning LOL)

cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:56pm
post #73 of 178

Thanks you guys - I guess I was presuming it was naughty and shouldn't be said on the boards (which is why I asked for a pm, silly me), so I was making my hair hurt trying to figure out just how naughty icon_lol.gif

CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 7:59pm
post #74 of 178
Quote:

Thanks you guys - I guess I was presuming it was naughty and shouldn't be said on the boards (which is why I asked for a pm, silly me), so I was making my hair hurt trying to figure out just how naughty icon_lol.gif

This one's kinda a naughty icon_lol.gif (but more funny then naughty I swear, super funny if you say it over and over again while in line at the store)
Eye Mull of Mush Sheen

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:05pm
post #75 of 178
Quote:

Quote:

This one's kinda a naughty icon_lol.gif (but more funny then naughty I swear, super funny if you say it over and over again while in line at the store)
Eye Mull of Mush Sheen

Oh geez! Now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day!!!

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:06pm
post #76 of 178

I go to a church where the parents are urged to make sure their kids are in their respective classrooms. It is a very large church with 5 services every weekend. Each child is assigned a number and if there is a problem, a number flashes on the screen in the adult auditorium, so the parent can go tend to their child. My kids love not having to sit in adult church, and I love that they do not hear some of the hard things the adults are learning.

As far as the the OP's experience and I am saying this in a true cake buddy way...I feel that we can only complain about something as far as we ALLOW someone to do it to us. The parents not tending to their child was disrespectful, and the OP (and anyone else it happens to) should have said something.

Now, I am not saying she didn't have the right to complain, but that she should not have allowed it to happen. Take the reigns next time, and don't allow it to happen. When it is in our power to keep something from happening, but we don't exercise that power, then we can't complain.

dstbni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dstbni Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:06pm
post #77 of 178

Good ones! Oh, what's that game called?

karateka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karateka Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 8:46pm
post #78 of 178

On my bridal tastings web page, I say "I regret that I am presently unable to accomodate children at these business meetings."

As for the dog, I had mine penned up in the den so she could never ever get into the kitchen. My clients could still use my restroom, and they would see the gate. When they ask if I have a baby, I respond that no....I just don't allow the dog in my kitchen.

It never did affect my business. I was pretty busy last year. For me, anyway...

summernoelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
summernoelle Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:33pm
post #79 of 178

icon_redface.gif

karateka Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:35pm
post #80 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by summernoelle

Wow pretty ironic that someone shares their opinion, and is jumped on for being rude and even called a whore. You are all doing what you are accusing of. What is WRONG with you people? Don't you see the hypocrisy?

I am sick to my stomach by these responses-calling people who divert from the consensus a bitch and whore.

DId I miss something? I missed the bitch and whore part. I guess I wasn't reading every post that thoroughly.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:37pm
post #81 of 178
Quote:

How about this:

When do 4 Fives = 56?

Don't leave us hanging! icon_eek.gif

summernoelle Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:40pm
post #82 of 178
Quote:

Hilarious, Debi!! Yesterday we had cake b*tches, today we have cake wh*res! Now it's getting fun! haha

Well here you go.

Ladiesofthehouse Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:41pm
post #83 of 178
Quote:

Quote:

How about this:

When do 4 Fives = 56?

Oh yeah--sorry

55 5/5 = 56

icon_biggrin.gif

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:44pm
post #84 of 178
Quote:

Wow pretty ironic that someone shares their opinion, and is jumped on for being rude and even called a whore.

Oh I'm pretty sure this is directed to my post about not prostituting myself just because someone gives me money. icon_lol.gif

I was responding to this comment:

Quote:
Quote:

And if they are ordering hundreds of dollars worth of cake from you, I think you can deal with it.

No, we do NOT have to deal with anything and everything that someone wants to dish out just because they are paying us for A CAKE!! If that was the case, imagine all the crap I could heap onto my morgage holder, my credit card carriers, etc. I mean gosh darn gee, I'm paying them a lot of money, so shouldn't they have to "just deal with it"? icon_confused.gif

There are threads on here all day long about sometimes it's better to walk away; about how we can tell up front the bride is going to go zilla on us; about you know in advance they will be looking for a reason to get a refund later; And 99% of the advice is "walk away .... it's not worth it."

Yet in this thread, the OP is being advised, "oh you have to just take it because they are giving you money."

So to respond to

Quote:
Quote:

Don't you see the hypocrisy?

..... yes, yes I certainly do.

dstbni Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:52pm
post #85 of 178
Quote:

Quote:

Well here you go.

Also, yesterday somebody had posted a thread about how we should really read posts and not jump all over people over a misunderstanding. The cake b*tches thing came up in that thread, so it was kind of an inside joke, I guess. I don't think it was directed at anyone in this thread.

Debi, I agree. As Kenny Rogers says, you gotta know when to hold 'em, etc. My former employer took 30 years to learn that lesson, and now I'm pretty good at identifying those from whom I should walk away. People who think they and their kids are entitled to treat me however they wish because they are paying me get to go in my "walk away" file.

karateka Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:53pm
post #86 of 178

Debi....

Next time I'm in Indy, I'm going to make a point of looking you up. Do you have set store hours for your fans??? icon_lol.gif (I'll call first, I promise!)

summernoelle Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:10pm
post #87 of 178

icon_redface.gif

3GCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
3GCakes Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:10pm
post #88 of 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by karateka

Quote:

Wow pretty ironic that someone shares their opinion, and is jumped on for being rude and even called a whore. You are all doing what you are accusing of. What is WRONG with you people? Don't you see the hypocrisy?

I am sick to my stomach by these responses-calling people who divert from the consensus a bitch and whore.

DId I miss something? I missed the bitch and whore part. I guess I wasn't reading every post that thoroughly.

I'm lost too. icon_confused.gif

dstbni Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:15pm
post #89 of 178
Quote:

Oh get your gramma finger out of my face. What is going on here is wrong. Period.

Ok, I thought this was a misunderstanding, but now I'm really confused. The comment to which you were originally referring wasn't calling anyone in this thread either of these things, so what are you talking about?

CakeMommyTX Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 10:17pm
post #90 of 178
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about this:

When do 4 Fives = 56?

Oh yeah--sorry

55 5/5 = 56

icon_biggrin.gif

Okay so I cheated and Googled it and still could'nt figure it out.
That's a good one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%