Fbct - Oh, The Details

Decorating By ZlatkaT Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 2:16pm by Kerry_Kake

ZlatkaT Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:53pm
post #1 of 5

I have done it a couple of times, but this time I wanted to get it better. I will need to make image for 8" round cake, and would like to do the transfer for the entire top of my cake. My Q:
1) I will need to use #1 tip for eyes detail (black outline, white around, black in middle, white for sparkle.) Is that possible to make it with #1 tip with BC, or do you do this after the image is flipped on my cake?
2) After I am done with the image, how do I carefully spread, fill the entire areas around the image and not destroy the image? What do you use, spatula, or big tip#?
3) When I lay the FBCT on my cake, will the top be smooth, or do I need to use Viva towel and smooth it with it? I am worried for the image icon_smile.gif
Thank you so much.

4 replies
ZlatkaT Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 12:00am
post #2 of 5

tigerhawk83 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:04am
post #3 of 5

Have you looked at the tutorial here? It has great information and suggestions. Yes you can use BC with a #1 tip but the tutorial here suggested using canned chocolate frosting for the outline - and that was a great suggestion as it gets firmer in the freezer. I froze mine briefly between colors - did the outline then 5 min freeze, then the next color and 5 min freeze etc. And yes, I just used a spatula for the bottom layer.

Here is a link to a video on YouTube that may help you

I've only done one but it was easier than I expected.

ZlatkaT Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:09pm
post #4 of 5

Oh, thank you... think I got the technique, I was just wondering, if it is possible to do such a tinny details like eyes with BC (I will need to use at least tip #1 or O).., or if I should do it after the image i on my cake. And I was wondering, if I do FBCT of the entire top, if the top will be smooth, or if I will need to use Viva later.

Kerry_Kake Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 2:16pm
post #5 of 5

I find tiny details really hard to do with FBCT but yes, maybe after put the eyes on. Also smoothing with the viva works very well after applied and set for a few minutes. Just press lightly! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%