Turkey Color "urgent"

Decorating By FabulousCreationsByIsury Updated 26 Nov 2009 , 12:53pm by muddpuppy

FabulousCreationsByIsury Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:35pm
post #1 of 6

Good morning everyone... I was wondering if you guys can Help Me, figure out; "How to get the right Turkey color?". I am making a Turkey cake for tomorrow and would appreciate if you guys can help me. Also if you guys can help me choose what kind of cake flavor to do; that would be awesome. Thank you.

5 replies
FabulousCreationsByIsury Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:55pm
post #2 of 6

Is anyone out there? detective.gif Please Help!!! I need to go buy the things I need and need to buy the colors I will need to make the turkey color. thanks.

hpcakes Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:42pm
post #3 of 6

I'm doing one as well and from what I have read you need to mix orange and brown to get the turkey color I hope this helps. Let me know how it comes out.

Happy Baking!!!!!

gabitusm Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 3:49am
post #4 of 6

I just did mine, and I started with chocolate BC and then add brown, a lot! I will add the orangy final touches by spraying colored karo syrup.

HTH.

CakeMommyTX Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:06am
post #5 of 6

Roast turkey or a "live" turkey?

For the roast turkey I would start with a light yellow bc and add brown and a tiny bit of orange until it was the right roasted color.
You can even wait until thew bc crusted over and dap on some more brown (thinned down) for the crispy skin look.

For a live turkey I would start with choco bc and add equal parts red and green until you get a nice rich brown.
By using red and green instead of brown you can get a darker brown with less color and control the warmth and tone of the brown easier.

muddpuppy Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 12:53pm
post #6 of 6

Yup, I agree with the other posters... start with a light-ish brown, then mix up some darker brown colour and spray over for that added depth...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%