Electric/battery Sifter

Decorating By Mrs_MandM Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 5:58am by ceshell

Mrs_MandM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mrs_MandM Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:53am
post #1 of 4

Hi! So...after making six cakes this week, I realize that sifting with a manual sifter sucks! LOL!

So, I googled battery and electric sifters and the only one I am finding is the "Norpro 4 Cup Battery Operated Sifter". I'd have no problem buying it and trying it out if it was sold in any stores locally, but since I can only find it online, I figured I'd ask to see if any of you use this before I take the chance.

Does anyone have this and if so, is it good? Or is there something else better out there? How do y'all sift all of the powdered sugar needed for icing recipes? My hand was cramping after all of the sifting I did! =)

I tried to search the forums w/o luck, so I'm sorry if this question is asked often. Thanks in advance for your help!!

3 replies
Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:03am
post #2 of 4

I use a metal strainer and just stir the powdered sugar gently with a spoon to get it to go through. I bought one of the squeeze-type sifters and it was just too much work.

just_for_fun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
just_for_fun Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:15am
post #3 of 4

I have used the Pelematic electric sifter, it is made in israel and has a very fine mesh sifter. It is easy to use, but only fits about 2- 2 1/2 lbs flour at a time. I bought it at thebuzzelectronics.com (I dont see it on their website, I bought it in their store, so if you call them I'm sure they could help you)

ceshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ceshell Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:58am
post #4 of 4

I have heard of that one (the Norco) - in fact I asked my MIL for one for Christmas one year. She did a lot of research on it and was told basically that it's a piece of junk thumbsdown.gif. I notice that the reviews on amazon.com are mixed but seem to say it's pretty good...do you ever wonder if they are real reviews?!

I use a strainer like Texas_Rose but sometimes when I have a ton of flour/PS to sift I long for that electronic one!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%