Wilton Cake Turntable Woes.?..yes I Know It's "amateur

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 27 Nov 2009 , 8:44pm by zdebssweetsj

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:27am
post #31 of 38

Alright! I am going to check Ikea! I just boxed up my Wilton and it's going back tomorrow!!! Yes Michaels is open tomorrow! Thank you all for your input!

JustToEatCake Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 4:32am
post #32 of 38

Wahhh we don't have a Ikea! And the closest one is 140 miles away and they DON'T sell it on their website and Amazon says they don't have it either!! I'm bummed.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:03am
post #33 of 38

Maybe try eBay??

JustToEatCake Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:38am
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_girl816

Maybe try eBay??

I checked ebay just now and with shipping they are running 40-50 dollars.. icon_sad.gif..I'll keep looking around maybe Bed Bath and Beyond or something.

DetailsByDawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DetailsByDawn Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 5:47am
post #35 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsNancyB1

I picked up a solid wood Lazy Susan turntable at IKEA for only $7!!!! If you have an IKEA near you I would go for it, if not you can order it online. It is called a Snudda Lazy Susan.

BTW, you can see the turntable in my pics. It's under most of my cakes.

I use the IKEA turntable too! Super sturdy and I would never even think of spending a dime to upgrade it. Cost me $7 too!!

morgs2485 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morgs2485 Posted 26 Nov 2009 , 9:49am
post #36 of 38

Like others, I have the Wilton green and white one...and I'm pleased thus far! Nice to know about IKEA, but right now, I have no use for more than one turntable. Good luck!

chelleb1974 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelleb1974 Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 7:57pm
post #37 of 38

I use the Ateco version of the Wilton cast iron turntable. I read on CC a while ago (before buying one) that the Wilton one wobbled but the Ateco one didn't. I bought it for about $60 at a local cake decorating store and have been very happy with it. I have owned it for probably 3 or 4 years I think.

zdebssweetsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zdebssweetsj Posted 27 Nov 2009 , 8:44pm
post #38 of 38

I've got several of the Wilton turntables they all wobble slightly which can be a real problem. My favorite is a wooden turntable I bought at Walmart, kinda of a lazy susan thing works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%