Roses...how Do I Store Them

Decorating By laurena Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 4:29pm by sherrycanary62

laurena Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laurena Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 2:31am
post #1 of 5

I am new to cake making and have made my roses in advance. How do I store them? I'm planning on frosting & decorating tomorrow. Should I put the roses in the fridge? I used Wilton's decorator icing to make my roses.

4 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:14am
post #2 of 5

buttercream roses? Just i a covered container on the shelf is fine. American style bc does not need refrigeration.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

buttercream roses? Just i a covered container on the shelf is fine. American style bc does not need refrigeration.

Leah_s

How come American bc does not need refrigeration? even if you use butter or milk/cream? is it because the ps acts as a preservative. This is a really good thing to know. icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 3:21pm
post #4 of 5

The sugar binds the water (that's in the milk) and then there's no where for the bacteria to grow. Now, I'm sure you can't leave it our forever, but a couple of weeks is fine. And butter doesn't actually have to be refrigerated anyway.

sherrycanary62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sherrycanary62 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 4:29pm
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

The sugar binds the water (that's in the milk) and then there's no where for the bacteria to grow. Now, I'm sure you can't leave it our forever, but a couple of weeks is fine. And butter doesn't actually have to be refrigerated anyway.

Thank you, that's going in my tip/reference file.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%