I Made Ganache But I Think It Might Be A Little Soft-

Decorating By JustToEatCake Updated 24 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm by JustToEatCake

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 4:02pm
post #1 of 3

So I made my ganache last nite and let it sit out all night. It's made with 24 oz Milk Chocolate chips and 10.4 ozs Semi sweet. I added 17 oz of cream. It's set up and I can definitely spread it but it's not as thick as peanut butter it's more like the canned frosting consistency (always hated canned frosting, I eat cake for the frosting). Anyway my question is do you think it's too soft and if I make another batch of semi sweets with 2 to 1 ratio can I just stir it together or do I need to reheat the "set" batch or am I just thinking wrong all together? Thanks for any help and I am glad I didn't wait until the last minute!!

2 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 3

that's about the consistency I get when it's room temp. Are you wanting it more firm? If so, pop it in the fridge it'll definitely firm up on you.

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:49pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

that's about the consistency I get when it's room temp. Are you wanting it more firm? If so, pop it in the fridge it'll definitely firm up on you.

Thanks you were right. I started to frost my cold cake and it hardened on the cake (took me about 30 mins to frost the cake as it's my first one). I had to use the warm knife method to smooth it out but boy oh boy is that a GREAT trick!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%