Minor Disasters - Just If You Want A Giggle...

Decorating By LeckieAnne Updated 23 Dec 2009 , 6:43am by Jeep_girl816

LeckieAnne Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 8

I don't sell cakes really, just hobby, and make for friends, etc... but had two cakes in the last two weeks, and helped my Mom with one, and had some sort of disaster with all of them.

Mom's wedding cake turned out beautiful, everything's great - I loan her my Santa Fe to deliver the cake (flat back end) - and I meet her at the hall - and we can't get the back open. Have no idea why, but the latch is stuck or something. She's freaking out and I'm totally laughing. So I just reach in through the back window and get the small teirs out - then I have to climb my chubby self in through the back window (without landing on cake) and hand the large teirs out to her. If anybody could see us, I'm sure we looked completely ridiculous.

Small 3 teir 1st birthday cake for my niece's baby - she wanted whipped cream frosting (hate using that stuff). Waiting forever for it to get "crusted" so I can smooth it some before I stack and decorate. So I get distracted and go outside to do something else and didn't put the cake away. When I come back in, My cat is sitting on a chair and has about 1/2 the frosting eaten off one of the tiers. So had to start that one completely over!

Last one was just a single 8" square cake. I somehow managed to break one of the layers almost in 1/2! I ended up putting that layer on the bottom and it didn't have filling, just buttercream between the layers, so it all managed to stay and worked out ok without re-baking.

I wonder sometimes why I like this cake decorating thing at all! LOL

7 replies
TexasSugar Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 5:18pm
post #2 of 8

It's good to see you have a postive attitude even with the little mishaps. I always think that when one thing goes wrong many other things do.

mightydragon663 Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:06pm
post #3 of 8

ROFLOL! Sorry, but OMG the story about your cat was a hoot! It reminded me of when I was a poor college student, and I caught my kitten trying to pull a chicken off the counter by the leg. The stupid chicken was bigger than she was. All I could do was laugh!

IMO, the fact that you can laugh about these things is a testiment to how much you enjoy this "cake decorating thing". icon_biggrin.gif

LeckieAnne Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:25pm
post #4 of 8

LOL - I can just see that kitten - they're so funny. icon_smile.gif

grama_j Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 9:47pm
post #5 of 8

OMG! LITTLE ANNA B IS A GEORGOUS CHILD....!!!

JenniferMI Posted 2 Dec 2009 , 1:27pm
post #6 of 8

Always keep that sense of humor!!!

LOL

Jen icon_smile.gif

FloraFlora Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 5:18am
post #7 of 8

A few years ago, I made a whipped cream iced cake for my god daughter's birthday. I left the kitchen for 2 minutes, and came back to see two of our kitties licking away... They didn't even notice me coming back until I picked them up and threw them out of the kitchen!
Yup, had to re-do the whole cake, too. icon_biggrin.gif

Jeep_girl816 Posted 23 Dec 2009 , 6:43am
post #8 of 8

My cat once ate the whole top half of an angel food cake, she was sick for days, she would've done it again though given the chance! I Vet friend of mine told me cat's can't taste "sweet" but I call b.s.. on that one b/c I've never had a cat choose flour over powdered sugar,lol!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%