Best Chocolate Mousse For Wedding Cake

Baking By lucy18 Updated 23 Jan 2014 , 1:15pm by mypinkbakery

lucy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lucy18 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 1:38pm
post #1 of 11

Can anyone please suggest a kick hiney chocolate mousse recipe for a wedding cake.
I tried another recipe its ok but it seems to soak into the cake...by the time I cut it the cake already absorbed most of the mousse...am I doing something wrong?

Thank you

10 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:16pm
post #2 of 11

I make a choc. mousse using 1 box of choc. pudding mix (instant) and 2 cups of Rich's bettercreme (liquid) and 1 cup of milk and whip it all together until it forms stiff peaks. You can make it more chocolatey by adding some cocoa powder or even hershey's choc. syrup (in the can), and that darkens it too..........I get rave reviews about it and the part I love the most is that it's stable at room temp for up to 5 days!!! Perfect for wedding cakes, since they sit for most of the night before getting served.

__Jamie__ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
__Jamie__ Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 11

Well, this isn't technicaly mousse, but it's to die for. I fold really good melted and cooled chocolate into SMBC for my chocolate filling. O.M.G.

lucy18 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 11

That sounds really good and easy....I am in NC...do you know where I could buy the Rchs Bettercream?

lucy18 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:22pm
post #5 of 11

Jamie..

Every darn time I tried the SMBC..it tastes crunchy...so I gave up!!

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:24pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy18

Jamie..

Every darn time I tried the SMBC..it tastes crunchy...so I gave up!!

icon_confused.gif Ok, well I've never heard that about SMBC. Crunchy???? Why? What? Hmmmm. I give up. Which recipe are you using?

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:34pm
post #7 of 11

Rich's is sold in some grocery stores but I get it at GFS (Gordon Food supply) if you go to their website you can type in your zip and search for the closest stores. HTH

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 7:46pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Rich's is sold in some grocery stores but I get it at GFS (Gordon Food supply) if you go to their website you can type in your zip and search for the closest stores. HTH

icon_redface.gif I don't see on the Rich's site where to type in my zip...

Lucy, I get the pre-whipped at Sam's at the bakery and fold in some cooled ganache or thickly made pudding for a mousse-type filling.

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif Doi! you meant GFS, didn't you???

lucy18 Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 8:04pm
post #9 of 11

all4cake- thanks...I will go to sams and get that... I thought I remembered someone saying sams club before...thanks,

_Jamie_ - Lmao.. I just got a recipe from you response...I never tried this one....I will try that!! OH..and love the teeniest violin quote icon_lol.gif

Thank you everyone!!

__Jamie__ Posted 24 Nov 2009 , 8:06pm
post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy18

all4cake- thanks...I will go to sams and get that... I thought I remembered someone saying sams club before...thanks,

_Jamie_ - Lmao.. I just got a recipe from you response...I never tried this one....I will try that!! OH..and love the teeniest violin quote icon_lol.gif

Thank you everyone!!

icon_biggrin.gif

mypinkbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mypinkbakery Posted 23 Jan 2014 , 1:15pm
post #11 of 11

AIs there an alternative to bettercreme?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%