"girly" Darth Vader Cake?

Decorating By momoftwogirls Updated 25 Aug 2005 , 7:45pm by momoftwogirls

momoftwogirls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momoftwogirls Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 13

I need to make a darth vader cake for a GIRL!

She really likes darth vader. I have seen some of the darth vader cakes on this site, they are great, but i want something more girly!!

any ideas on what I could do?

Thank you.
Christina

12 replies
GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 13

Darth vader in a TUTU!!!!!!!! hahaha icon_eek.gif

What about changing the border of the following cake to a more girly color. I have no clue about this one really though.

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=search&type=full&cat=0&pos=4

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 5:36pm
post #3 of 13

I now have the image of Darth in a Speedo stuck in my head... he' buff!

Calejo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Calejo Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 5:38pm
post #4 of 13

well, you could do a Darth cake with a dark to medium purple and of course a red saber that's just a touch on the pastel side?

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 6:02pm
post #5 of 13

christina,

forgive me for sounding preachy, but a cake doesn't need to be gender-ified, particularly when working with a specific design theme. icon_smile.gif

you could pair darth vadar up with queen amadala (i once did a wedding cake with vadar and amadala figurines as the wedding couple on the top) of course, vadar's outfit is fairly girly to begin with -- that flippy helmet, the flowing cape. icon_wink.gif

really want something more girly? how about a lightsabre in one hand and a bouquet of flowers in the other? icon_lol.gif

momoftwogirls Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 6:13pm
post #6 of 13

Okay okay so maybe I should have said something not so 'dark' instead of something 'girly'

I just love the tutu idea or holding flowers!! how funny!!

I guess I want something different than just his face on the cake, but didn't know what to do. I have looked at coloring pages and they are all the same.
I really like the cake shaped like his head. but I am afraid it is too hard.

GinaJuarez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GinaJuarez Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 13

OOH I KNOW!!!! How about a BCT of darth tater!!!!

http://bigbadtoystore.com/images/pr261big.jpg

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 7:12pm
post #8 of 13

ooo, christina, check out the picture below.
http://jedisurf.free.fr/ie/wallpapers/characters/sith/anakin_darth_vader.jpg
i'm thinking that if your cake-girl is old enough and familiar with the 3 most-recent star wars films, then she might appreciate like a slighty-cartoonish version of this picture: half anakin skywalker, half lord vader he will become! this shouldn't be too difficult to do, especially with say, BCT or colour flow, and it would be a one-of-a-kind cake, you can be sure

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 7:13pm
post #9 of 13

Hi, I'm new. icon_smile.gif

Couldn't help but smile at your post, as a female Star Wars fan myself and the aunt of a 2-year-old girl who loooves Darth Vader. (If you tell her, "Darth Vader!" she'll pucker up her lips and do the raspy breathing; it's hysterical.)

Anyway, I made something for a recent Star Wars party that might count as "not as dark" ... I found a simple line drawing of a Vader head and made a bunch of "chocolate Vaders" out of decorating chocolate. I just put the pattern under some wax paper and kept moving it, drawing the lines with dark chocolate and filling them in with milk chocolate. After they set, I put them on iced cupcakes with red and black cake sparkles around them.

Believe it or not, it was really easy and looked great. Hey, you could even use pink cake sparkles around them if you truly wanted to go girly! icon_lol.gif

I'll post a photo if I can figure out how to ... and I could even you the pattern if you'd like; I think I still have it saved.

Fishercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fishercakes Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 7:24pm
post #10 of 13

I would like to have that pattern, please!!??

Thanks!

JillK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillK Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 7:25pm
post #11 of 13

OK, if this works, you can now see the aforementioned photo of the Darth Vader cupcakes. They're not fancy -- I didn't have the time -- but people liked them.

I used a red velvet cake batter, too, by the way. It seemed to fit.
LL

momoftwogirls Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 7:42pm
post #12 of 13

JillK -- I would love to do that!!! That sounds really simple and cute.

Aunt-judy -- that picture is awesome. I need to read about how to do a BCT since I have never done one. How hard are they?

momoftwogirls Posted 25 Aug 2005 , 7:45pm
post #13 of 13

JillK- Thank you! they are really cute! I think I saw a simple drawing of him on a coloring page. I could just shrink the picture on the computer and use it as my pattern.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%