Mini Cheesecake Reassurance Needed...

Lounge By TexasSugar Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 10:25pm by TexasSugar

TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 5

After seeing the mini pumpkin pie idea on here and following a link to other mini pies, I'm thinking about doing mini desserts for Thanksgiving.

I know you can do the cheese cakes in the cupcake liners with the nilla wafer under it. What I want to do, and wanted to know if anyone has done, is used a regular cheese cake crust with out the liners in the cupcake pan? I'm guessing it will bake fine, but will I be able to get them out in one peice?

Any tips, ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

4 replies
Mike1394 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 5

Do it no issues at all. You'll have to make sure they are cool, and firm when you try to release them. Run a knife around the edge, and you should be fine.

TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 5

How do you grease the pan? Just pam? Pam and flour? Homemade cake release?

Mike1394 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:18pm
post #4 of 5

They will have enough taper in them to release easily. Just take a knife, and go around. I would though use some parchment for the crust part since the bottoms aren't removable. I'm sorry I didn't mention it in other post, but had some CCs ready to come out of the pool.

TexasSugar Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:25pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much Mike. I've done cheese cakes before, one of my favorite desserts and I figured that mini ones would be fun. I've got a cold so my head feels a little fuzzy and while it sounded like a good idea I just wanted to check.

Been looking up cheese cake recipes this afternoon, when I should have been work.

Mmmmm Cheese cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%