When Will I Ever Learn? Vent...

Decorating By mim1106 Updated 23 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm by marmalade1687

mim1106 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:12pm
post #1 of 7

that I am NOT that good. icon_cry.gif
So, the duck hunting cake I made last night didn't work out. Apparently the dog was too heavy and he took a swim while we were sleeping. So, now picture the cake with no boat, hunter or dog...just a lake scene with cattails and some decoys that someone left. LOL I SOOOO wanna give up sometimes. Don't you hate when you think (after a disaster) OOOH, That is what I should have done!
I am proud of the chocolate ducks, though.
Glad I just do these for my friends!
**sigh** icon_sad.gif

6 replies
drummer27 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:35pm
post #2 of 7

Don't be so hard on yourself!!! We all have bad cake days...my dance instructor always says if you get it perfect the first time what do you have to work towards? Every time I finish a cake I usually step back and say "Oh...I wish I would have done it this way instead..." We are all our own worst critic. Keep at it! icon_biggrin.gif

marmalade1687 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 7

Don't feel so bad - one of the first cakes that I made was a grad cake for my brother-in-law. It was a slab with a "tower" on it representing one of the buildings at the university. By the time we got to the party, it was sinking into the slab - I hadn't done the supports correctly! The big joke of the night was that the real tower was on an earthquake fault line (really!), so I had done that on purpose, "and did you know just how long it took me to do that??" icon_lol.gif

MrsNancyB1 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:28pm
post #4 of 7

I just took a look at your cakes, and I think your cakes are great!!!! Even the cake that you're referring to you in your post is very good. I agree with everyone else that you're being WAY too hard on yourself. But I guess we are all guilty of that.

mim1106 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:50pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, guys. I honestly didn't post to get pats on the back. Just frustrated. marmalade....That is hilarious! I am sure it wasn't at the time, but good save..LOL
I just got a call from the lady I made this for. (she is my daughter's gymnastic instructor) She just told me not to worry about next month's tuition! How awesome is that?!!

cylstrial Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 7

I think your cake looks great as well. It's not easy, but you learn so much as you keep going.

marmalade1687 Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 9:08pm
post #7 of 7

See, you are just too hard on yourself! She loved it!

And BTW...it was funny at the time... icon_rolleyes.gif sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself and your cake efforts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%