How Do You Price Things You Want To Sell?

Lounge By mellormom Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 1:44am by cylstrial

mellormom Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 5

Is there a formula to follow? We are getting rid of a lot of things that I want to sell but I know nothing about pricing. I don't want to have a yard sale I will sell them on craigslist.
Thanks for any help on this!
Jen...

4 replies
Texas_Rose Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:39pm
post #2 of 5

One good way to do it is to look on craigslist for similar things and then see how much other people are charging. You can start with a medium price and put "obo" after it so they know you're willing to bargain, or with a low price and put "firm" so you don't get annoying emails from people wanting you to sell your stuff cheaper than you want to.

Also, when you make your craigslist ads, put in there "can not hold or deliver, cash only". Unless you do want to deliver the sale items...you can also pick a store near you and put "can not hold items, will meet at -----" so that you don't have to have wierdos coming to your house.

sadsmile Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:17pm
post #3 of 5

Things sell on CL faster if you put an actual picture that you took of your item vrs a catalog pic. Checking what is already listed is the best indicator. Base your price on that and on the condition of their stuff vrs your stuff.

mellormom Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 10:44pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks guys!
Jen...

cylstrial Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 1:44am
post #5 of 5

I definitely agree with both Sadsmile and TexasRose. You don't want crazies coming over and if you don't have pictures, people might gloss right over the items.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%