Edible Image Printer Cannon Ip3500 Not Printing Black

Decorating By cakesrpretty Updated 25 Nov 2009 , 11:55pm by icingimages

cakesrpretty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrpretty Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 4:55pm
post #1 of 4

Hi,

My Cannon IP3500 is not printing black. Can it be clogged? I use Kopycake ink and do not print very often but this hasn't been an issue before. I have had the printer since last christmas.
It has been working fine, Friday I go to print...not a good result. I had a cake due Saturday morning...had to do a different design.Now I have several cakes requiring images...how can I fix my printer?????

Thanks
Sandra

3 replies
deijha Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deijha Posted 23 Nov 2009 , 8:01pm
post #2 of 4

Hi, I guess you would start with, check to be sure the black isn't clogged. Then next would be has it dried up, or is it empty. I don't use kopycake ink, but I don't know that that would be an issue. I have a IP 1500 from a few years ago from icingimages and buy my ink from them. Mine started printing purple and I checked and sure enough Ii was almost out of color ink. Good luck I hope you get it figured out. I know it can be frustrating for that to happen when you are ready to print something.
Jeanne

EdibleSupply-Com Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EdibleSupply-Com Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 5:11am
post #3 of 4

You can take the print head out and flush with hot water for 3-4 mins. Then shake the water out of print head and let it dry. See if it will fix the problem for the black and try to print on regular paper with black color chart.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 25 Nov 2009 , 11:55pm
post #4 of 4

Clean your printhead the way edible supply suggested. Then check your cartridge to be sure it is flowing well. Although I am not real familiar with KK ink, see if there is a fill plug under the label. If there is, hold the cartridge over the trash or the sink, pop out the plug and be ready to put it right back in as soon as it drips. This can happen very fast so be ready. Once you put the printhead back in, do a few deep cleanings and then print a nozzle check. See if it improves. If it does not, reclean the printhead one more time, deep clean through the printer maintenance and then check your nozzle check. If it doesnt work, you dont have much time to get a new printhead nor cleaner so you should find an alternative. Normally, we could print for you, but with the holiday, we are closed till Friday. If you still have problems on Monday, we can help you with your prints why you trouble shoot so at least you dont have to worry about loosing orders.

I hope this helps. If it doesnt...feel free to contact me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%